Baked crepes with an extremely light lemon filling will definitely impress you!
Who doesn’t love crepes?! They are great for breakfast, dessert or even lunch, and in addition, they are quick to prepare, from just three ingredients. This time we made au gratin crepes stuffed with extremely tasty lemon filling. A single bite into these insanely good crepes will absolutely impress you! They were gone in minutes in our house, which is a proof that they are definitely impossible to resist!
We prepare them in a lot of different ways, both for sweet and savoury dishes. We usually fill them with jam or chocolate spread, but sometimes we prepare a more special dish. All chocolate lovers should check out our recipe for chocolate cream pancakes.
This is the best and easiest recipe for crepes. All you need to prepare are three ingredients! Yes you read that right, three ingredients that you already have at home. These are:
- flour – we used semi-white flour,
- plant based milk – we use unsweetened almond milk, but you can also use some other and
- salt .
Just mix all of the ingredients together into a smooth mixture and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes for the flour to soak, as this will make the crepes softer. Then bake the crepes: pour a scoop of mixture into a hot pan greased with oil (we use coconut oil) and bake them for about half a minute on each side. In the meantime, reduce the heat by a third so that the crepes do not burn. We baked them in a small pan and got 9 crepes out of the mixture.
When you have the crepes ready, it’s time for the best part – filling! A light filling with a hint of lemon will impress you with its taste and texture, which is similar to cottage cheese, but of course it is completely vegan. The filling is very easy to prepare, you just have to blend all of the ingredients in a blender into a smooth cream, fill crepes with it and put them in the baking pan. We stacked crepes on top of each other, into three layers, and poured over the rest of the filling to make them even juicier. When crepes are baked, sprinkle them with erythritol powder or powdered sugar if desired for a nicer look and extra sweetness.
Vegan baked crepes with lemon filling
- 150 g semi-white flour
- 250 ml almond milk or other plant based milk
- pinch of salt
- 300 g tofu
- 200 g soy yoghurt
- 50 g maple syrup
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest 5 g
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 10 g corn starch
- Mix flour and salt, add milk and mix it until you get a very smooth batter.
- Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put a little bit of coconut oil in a pan and heat it up.
- When it’s hot pour some batter on it (we just pour it in center and then even it out with crepe spreader or swirl the pan to move the batter around).
- Bake crepe for around half a minute on one side and another half minute on the other side.
- Blend tofu, soy yoghurt, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla essence and corn starch in a smooth cream.
- In the midle of each crepe put a line of lemon filling and close it from both sides.
- Put stuffed crepes into a pan. You can put them on top of each other (we stacked them into three layers).
- Put a tbsp of almond milk into a remaining filling and pour it on top of the crepes.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven on 180°C.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or erythritol if desired.