Healthy and delicious oil-free lunch ready in just a few minutes!
Pasta with sauce is the perfect lunch for when we don’t have a lot of time or when we don’t know what to cook, but we still want to eat something tasty and healthy. We simply love pasta and prepare it in many different ways! Creamy mushroom sauce is definitely one of our favourites as it is extremely tasty, oil free and made in just a few minutes. The best thing about this sauce is that it is extremely creamy and therefore nicely sticks to pasta.
The main ingredient of sauce is tofu, which in combination with sugar-free almond milk, yeast flakes and spices creates a wonderful sauce, and the fried mushrooms in the sauce make it truly exceptional. Even if you are not the biggest fan of tofu, we recommended you to try this sauce, as you can’t even taste tofu because all of the spices and nutritional yeast. This way, you can easily include tofu in your diet and thus ensure your intake of protein, iron and calcium.
Tofu is a great source of protein for vegans, but not everyone loves. The reason for this is usually in the preparation, because if you do not know how to prepare it well, it will most likely be tasteless. Tofu has no specific taste, but it absorbs flavours well, so it is necessary to add various spices or sauces to spice it up and create an exceptional dish. For example, you can marinate it in soy sauce and then fry it, season it with any spices or use it for creamy sauces, it is really great in combination with nutritional yeast.
Tofu is so versatile that we can even use it to make desserts! It is pretty much the perfect ingredient for desserts as it creates an extremely creamy texture. We like to use it in recipes that otherwise contain cottage cheese, because in combination with soy yogurt and lemon it is a great vegan substitute for it. For example, we make sweet bread, cheesecake, chocolate cream and more.
Do you also love pasta? Then you should try:
Creamy vegan sauce with tofu and mushrooms
- 150 g tofu
- 2 dl almond milk without sugar
- 15 g nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 200 g fresh mushrooms champignons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper powder
- 180 g pasta penne
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic and put in a pan alonng with 1 dl of water. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes to soften the onions.
- Put the prepared onion and garlic together with tofu, almond milk, nutritional yeast and spices in a blender and mix into a smooth cream. (You can also mix with a stick mixer.)
- Put 1 dl of water and sliced mushrooms in a pan and bring to a boil. Cook until the mushrooms soften and all the water evaporates. At the same time, boil salted water in another pot and cook pasta in it.
- Add the prepared sauce to mushrooms and mix well together.
- If desired, mix with pasta or serve cooked pasta and pour the sauce over it.