Burrito with rice, vegetables and vegan protein is an amazing delicious and nutritious Mexican dish that is sure to impress you with its exceptional and slightly spicy taste!
Burrito is a traditional Mexican dish of exceptional taste, consisting of rice, protein-rich filling , vegetables and dressing wrapped in tortilla. Rich combination of fillings and tortilla is truly divine and it is simply impossible to resist! Burrito is delicious both hot and cold, so you can also prepare it in advance. It is great as a snack at work, school, on a trip, picnic or as a main dish for lunch or dinner, as it is very filling and nutritious .
If you have some leftover vegetables or rice laying around in your fridge, burrito is a great way to use them! You can fill burrito with vegetables listed in the recipe or create your own combination and use the vegetables that are your favourite or the ones that you currently have at home. We filled tortillas with protein-rich filling made from corn, peppers, beans, a vegan substitute for minced meat, rice, and topped with a delicious cashew dressing.
Despite the fact that recipe looks pretty long, burrito is actually very easy to prepare. You can use store-bought tortillas for faster preparation or make them yourself following this recipe. To make the tortilla easier to roll, preheat it a bit in a pan or microwave to soften it, then put the fillings on it – first the main filling, then the rice, salad and dressing and roll it up as shown in the photo below. Fold the bottom edge first, then the side edges and roll. When you have the burrito ready, you can heat it up or eat it cold, as it is delicious both hot and cold. If you make it in advance, store it in the fridge or freeze it and prepare it when you don’t have time to cook or when you go on a trip and you want to enjoy a healthy and tasty meal.
- 4 tortillas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 60 ml water
- 60 g sweet corn
- 100 g of paprika
- 100 g beans
- 100 g vegan minced meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 200 g cooked rice
- 30 g lettuce
- 80 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lime
- 20 g cashew butter or presoaked and blended cashew nuts
- 40 ml water
- 10 g nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Peel garlic and onion, chop them into small pieces, put in a pan, add water, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients for the filling, mix well and fry for another 5 to 10 minutes, stir from time to time.
- Wash the lettuce and chop it into smaller pieces.
- Add the halved tomatoes, drizzle with lime juice and stir.
- First, mix cashew butter with water to get a smooth cream.
- Add nutritional yeast, salt and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- When you have all the fillings ready, you can make a burrito.
- You can warm up each tortilla in a pan or microwave, so it softens and gets easier to fold.
- Place the stuffing in a straight line a bit below the middle of the tortilla, add rice, salad and sauce.
- Then fold by first folding the bottom, then sides and roll.
- Enjoy it cold or heat it up.