The most delicious and healthy dipping sauce!
This delicious and creamy nacho cheese sauce is perfect for dipping tortilla chips into it! You can enjoy it without any guilt, because it’s super healthy and also extremely easy to prepare and takes very little time to make. It is prepared from healthy, whole food ingredients and doesn’t contain any oil, nuts, soy and gluten, so it is suitable for everyone! We like to use it for dipping tortilla chips into it, because the sauce tastes a bit like nacho cheese and is also a bit spicy, so it goes really well with this chips. Of course, you can also enjoy it with potato or any other kind of chips or even as a pasta sauce for mac and cheese. You have a lot of possibilities and below you can even find a recipe for tortilla filling.
This very creamy and delicious sauce contains only healthy ingredients: vegetable, spices and nutritional yeast. If you would try it, you certainly wouldn’t be able to guess what it’s made of and how healthy it actually is! It does not contain any fat, gluten, soy and nuts. All that you need to make this amazing sauce is:
- sweet potato – if you don’t have it at home, you can easily use carrots, as they behave very similar in the sauce,
- regular potato and
- nutritional yeast – it gives the sauce a delicate cheesy taste and provides an extremely creamy and smooth texture.
SPICES – they are key to the perfect sauce as they give it an intense and rich flavour. The recipe lists approximate amounts of spices, but we recommend you to try the sauce and adjust the amount of spices to your taste. Spices are:
- garlic powder
- onion powder and
- cayenne pepper – ads a bit of spiciness, but if you’re not the biggest fan of spicy food, you can simply skip it.
The preparation is very simple, all you have to do is cook vegetable, put it in a blender, alongside with a bit of water in which it was cooked, spices, yeast flakes, and mix into a smooth cream. And you already have a delicious and healthy nacho sauce ready! Perfect snack to enjoy while watching a good movie!
You can also use a very similar sauce with the addition of cashew nutsto make the filling for tortilla or use it to make mac and cheese.
Easy vegan nacho sauce
- 125 g sweet potatoes you can also use carrots
- 1 medium onion about 90 g
- 120 g potatoes
- 15 g nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chop potato, sweet potato and onion and put in a cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 to 30 minutes (until it all softens).
- Once cooked, add drained vegetables, 40 ml water (from cooked vegetables), nutritional yeast and all the spices into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and use for dipping chips.