Crumble bars with nectarines are the perfect healthy summer snack that will impress you with an incridible taste and juiciness.
Crispy oat crust and juicy and sweet nectarines create an extremely tasty snack that is impossible to resist. Crumble bars can be enjoyed as a tasty and healthy breakfast, full of vitamins and fiber that will satiate you well. They are also great as a snack or dessert. They are very easy to make and you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make them.
They are made without flour, oil and refined sugar, so you can enjoy them without any guilt. You can also make a gluten-free version by replacing oats with gluten-free kind. For a healthy source of fats we used almond butter, which gives bars a great taste of roasted almonds. We like to use it when baking desserts, as it is rich in protein, contain healthy, unsaturated fats, and it enriches desserts with its exceptional taste.
Nectarines are definitely one of the most popular summer fruits as they are very refreshing and sweet, which also makes them a great ingredient for creating delicious and wonderful desserts. They are also very healthy, because they contain a lot of vitamin C, fiber, minerals, and they also help prevent anemia. They are excellent in smoothies, desserts, juices, jams and more. We love them in all forms, especially in desserts, because they develop an even sweeter and juicier taste when baked.
For a healthy source of fats we used almond butter, which gives bars a great taste of roasted almonds. We like to use it when baking desserts, as it is rich in protein, contain healthy, unsaturated fats, and it enriches desserts with its exceptional taste.
You only need 8 ingredients to make these delicious nectarine bars. These are:
- oats – whole and oat flour, which you can buy or make by blending whole oats in a coffee grinder or smoothie blender,
- almond butter – helps the dough to stick together while giving the slices a wonderful roasted almond flavour,
- maple syrup – for sweetness, you can also replace it with agave or rice syrup,
- plant based milk – use your favorite one, we usually use sugar-free almond drink,
- cinnamon – goes well with nectarines and gives bars a wonderful flavour,
- salt – brings out the flavours,
- nectarines – which are the main ingredient that makes this bars so amazing and delicious, adds fruity taste and wonderful colour and
- tapioca flour – or corn starch, to soak the juice from nectarines so that bars are nicely crunchy.
Crust and crumble on top are actually the same thing (you only need to make one mixture), the only difference is, that you have to press it well with your hands to create the crust and crumble the mixture on top with your hands to get that perfect crumble on top. The main ingredient are oats, both rolled oats and oat flour (blended oats) which is a great substitute to flour. Almond butter and maple syrup ensure that the crust sticks together and does not fall apart. Between both layers of oat crust, there is a juicy layer of nectarine slices.
You can serve bars cold or hot with a scoop of ice cream on the side.
You can replace the nectarine filling with any fruit of your choice, you can for example use raspberries, blueberries, cherries, strawberries or some other fruit. On our blog you can also find recipe for blueberry and apple bars..
If you’re not a fruit lover but love chocolate and want to enjoy some delicious crumble bars, you can try our oat bars with chocolate filling.
Crumble bars with nectarines
- 100 g oats
- 100 g oat flour
- 40 g almond butter
- 40 g maple syrup
- 50 ml plant based milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 200 g nectarines
- 5 g tapioca flour or corn starch
- Mix oat flour, oats, cinnamon and salt.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup and plant based milk and mix it all together very well until you get a sticky dough.
- Put a bit more than half of this mixture in a pan and push it down with your hands to form a crust.
- Cut nectarines into thin slices and put them on the crust.
- Sprinkle tapioca flour on top, so it soaks up the extra liquid from nectarines.
- Crumble the rest of oat mixture on top with your hands and press down, so it sticks together.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 180 °C.