Crunchy oat bars with delicious sweet blueberry filling are a perfect healthy snack, dessert or even breakfast!
Bars are made without any flour, sugar or oil, so they are a great healthy alternative to store bought bars, which are usually full of sugar and fat. The only sweetener used in this recipe is maple syrup and the source of healthy fats is 100% almond butter.
We love making some healthy oat bars, because they taste so amazing and are very practical to take with you, either to a job, school or a trip. The preperation is very simple and doesn’t take a lot of time! You can see how to make these delicious bars in a video below.
Oat crust und crumble
The crust and crumble are actually the same thing (you only need to make one mixture), the only difference is, that you have to press it well with your hands to create the crust and crumble the mixture on top to get that perfect crumble on top.
The main ingredient are of course oats, both rolled oats and oat flour (blended oats) which is a great substitute to flour. If you are gluten free, you can simply substitute oats with gluten free oats and make the bars completely gluten free. The rest of the ingredients, that give the bars a perfect taste and texture are maple syrup, almond milk, almond butter and a little bit of salt.
Blueberry filling is the part that gives these bars a perfect sweet taste and it is made with only 3 ingredients:
- maple syrup and
- corn starch.
Instead of blueberries, you can also use some other fruits, for example raspberries, strawberries or cherries.
If you are not the biggest fruit lover, but love chocolate, we’ve got you covered too! Check oat our amazing oat bars with creamy chocolate filling.
Vegan blueberry oat bars
- 100 g oat flour (blended oats)
- 100 g rolled oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 g almond butter
- 40 g maple syrup
- 50 ml almond milk or any other plant based milk
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 10 g maple syrup
- 5 g corn starch + 10 ml water
- Mix oat flour, oats and salt.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup and almond milk and mix it all together very well until you get a sticky dough.
- For the filling put blueberries and maple syrup in a pot and slowly bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, mix in corn starch mixed with water and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Put a little bit more than half of oat mixture in a pan and push it down with your hands to form a crust.
- Pour blueberry filling on top of crust.
- Crumble the rest of oat mixture on top with your hands.
- Bake 30 minutes on 180°C.