Red cabbage makes healthy and delicious lunch or dinner and is also really easy to make.
We really like easy and healthy recipes, so this red cabbage recipe is one of our favourites. It’s made completely without oil and sugar (which is required in most recipes) but tastes really delicious and is also way healthier.
It’s a great idea for when you don’t have a lot of time and you want to make a quick and healthy meal. This recipe contains just 5 ingredients:
- red cabbage
- apple (for natural sweetenes),
- salt and
These ingredients make a really delicious and healthy meal, full of vitamins! Red cabbage contains a lot of vitamin C and K and other vitamins and minerals. It is very low in calories, because it contains a lot of water.
Red cabbage is great served with some mashed potato or pasta. We also enjoy it with tofu or patties on the side for some extra protein. This time we made amazing zucchini patties and we topped red cabbage with some roasted sunflower seeds.
We really like white cabbage as well, that we usually make with some tomato sauce and mashed potatoes. It’s really easy to make and very tasty, you can check out our recipe here.
Vegan red cabbage
- 500 g red cabbage
- 1 small onion
- 50 g apple 1 small apple
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat water in a pan and add chopped onion when it starts boiling.
- Cook for a few minutes until onion gets soft.
- Add chopped cabbage, chopped apple, salt, pepper and a little bit of water.
- Close with a lid and cook on medium heat until it gets soft (for about 30-40 minutes).
- Serve with mashed potato or some pasta.