Cabbage with pasta is a great lunch or dinner for cold autumn days, as it keep you warm and provide you with vitamins, and at the same time it is very tasty and quick to prepare.
Do you also always run out of ideas on how to prepare cabbage and always make the same dish? We have a delicious recipe for you this time. A combination of cabbage, tomato sauce and homemade pasta squares creates a wonderful dish that is full of flavour and vitamins. You can sprinkle the finished dish with seeds and add parsley and cherry tomatoes for decoration.
Cabbage is a great source of vitamin C, contains a huge amount of fibers, which helps with digestion. In addition, it has very few calories, as a large proportion of cabbage is water. We simply adore cabbage, both fresh and sour, and prepare it in many different ways.
Ingredients and preparation
You only need 10 ingredients to make cabbage, many of which are spices, and 3 ingredients to make cute pasta squares.
For cabbage you need:
- sun dried tomatoes in oil,
- paprika powder,
- pepper and
- tomato sauce.
For pasta you will need:
- water and
If you have never made pasta yourself, now is the right time to make it, as the preparation is really easy and quick and homemade tastes so much better. Cabbage doesn’t take. a lot of time to prepare either, as it is ready in just half an hour.
Cabbage with pasta
- 850 g cabbage
- 2 onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 dl water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- a pinch of cumin
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 dl tomato sauce
- 100 g flour
- 70 ml water
- pinch of salt
- First, cut the cabbage into small squares.
- Peel an onion and chop it into small pieces and put it in a hot pan.
- Roast for a minute or two, then add the cabbage, grated garlic and diced sun-dried tomatoes. Pour in 3 dl of water, cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Then add all the spices and tomato sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Put flour in a bowl, mix it with salt and make a dent in the middle.
- Pour water into the dent and mix with a fork from the middle outwards until you get a thick dough, then knead with your hands until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Cover and let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut it into small squares measuring about 2 x 2 cm.
- Boil salted water in a large pot and when it starts boiling, put prepared pasta in it.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then add to the cabbage, mix well and serve.