Soft and fluffy muffins with hokkaido pumpkin and autumn spices are the perfect autumn dessert. You can enjoy them with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
If you’ve taken a look at all of our pumpkin recipes, you have probably realised that pumpkins are a perfect dessert ingredient. They are really versatile and make dishes healthier and add a nice flavour, so we never run out of ideas for ne recipes.
These pumpkin muffins are ideal for when you don’t have much time and want to quickly prepare a dessert to impress your guests or your family members. They are very juicy, soft, fluffy and full of flavour. The combination of gingerbread spices and pumpkin puree creates a dreamy autumn harmony of flavours. They’re great for breakfast, dessert, with a cup of tea or coffee and you can also take them on the go, to your work or school. Muffins are very delicious on their own, but you can also add some melted chocolate or whipped cream on top to make them even more impressive.
Muffins are made with just 9 simple ingredients :
- spelt flour,
- baking powder,
- coconut sugar – you can replace it with brown or white sugar,
- gingerbread spice,
- hokkaido pumpkin,
- coconut oil,
- plant based drink – we both like to use almond drink, but you can use your favorite,
- vanilla extract.
The preparation is very simple and quick and only takes about half an hour, including the baking time! In one bowl mix all of the dry ingredients and in another one mix all the wet ingredients and pour into a mixture of dry ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes. We prefer to use silicone molds, as they are more eco friendly and you can easily remove the whole muffin from it, because when using paper ones, often half of the muffin remains on the paper.
If you need ideas on how to use Hokkaido pumpkins, you can find a huge variety of delicious pumpkin recipes for sweet and savoury dishes here.
- 200 g spelt flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices
- 150 g pumpkin puree
- 40 g coconut oil
- 3 dl plant-based drink
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon and gingerbread spices in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, plant-based drink and vanilla extract. Pour in the mixture of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 ° C.