Juicy orange cupcakes are a perfect winter dessert, that is very easy to prepare and tastes incredible.
Amazing taste of oranges and fluffy texture of cupcakes are irresistible! We can’t go without oranges in winter, as they are very tasty and we are obsessed with the wonderful taste and smell. The bonus is that they are also very healthy, as they contain a huge amount of vitamins , the consumption of which is especially important in winter, because they boost the immune system. We just had to make some delicious dessert out of them and since we hadn’t made cupcakes in quite a long time, it seemed to us that it was really time to bake them. We can say that orange cupcakes are one of the best desserts we have baked lately! And not only are they extremely tasty, the preparation is also very simple, so anyone can make them.
Cupcakes are a great breakfast and go well with a cup of coffee or tea, but you can also take them with you to work or school and enjoy the refreshing taste of oranges. These cupcakes contain very small amount of sugar and oil, so they are a great alternative to store bought desserts, which are usually high in sugar and fats.
Ingredients and procedure
All you need to prepare these delicious cupcakes are 7 simple ingredients, which you almost certainly already have at home. All you need is:
- flour – we used semi-white flour, but you can also use plain white flour,
- baking powder,
- orange peel – we used a store-bought organic peel, but if you have organic oranges at home, you can grate them yourself,
- coconut sugar – you can also use unrefined brown sugar,
- orange juice – freshly squeezed orange juice is best, but you can use store bought orange juice as well,
- coconut oil and
- almond milk – you can use your favourite plant based milk.
It only takes a few minutes to prepare these cupcakes, all you have to do is mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl, add the mixture of wet ingredients and mix everything well together. Then you just pour the dough into cupcake tins, we like to use silicone molds, because it is very easy to remove the cupcakes from them and they are also more eco-friendly than paper tins.
Decorate the cupcakes as desired, in our opinion they look and taste the best with some vegan whipped cream on top, sprinkled with orange peel and with a small piece of orange. You can also sprinkle them with powdered sugar or pour a mixture of powdered sugar and water or orange juice. The decoration is just the final detail, as the cupcakes are extremely tasty even without any toppings.
If you love cupcakes, you should definitely try our juicy fruit cupcakes, which you can make with different types of fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. ..
For all orange lovers, we have another amazing recipe – almond-orange pie, which will impress you with its incredible taste and crispy filling.
Vegan orange cupcakes
- 200 g flour we used half white flour
- 12 g baking powder
- 5 g orange zest
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 100 ml fresh orange juice about 2 small oranges
- 20 g coconut oil
- 150 ml almond milk
- Mix together flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients (almond milk, coconut oil and orange juice).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ones and mix it all well togehter.
- Pour batter into cupcake molds and bake in a preheated oven on 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Decorate with vegan whipped cream.