Delicious and healthy apricot bars are a great healthy snack that will give you a lot of energy.
Apricot bars are a delicious raw dessert made without baking, so you don’t have to turn on the oven, which is definitely an advantage in these hot summer months. All you need is a good blender to create these beautiful and delicious slices. They’re great for a snack and even for breakfast, because they are made with whole and healthy ingredients that will give you energy and also satiate you well.
Juicy dough made from walnuts, oats and dates and delicious apricot cream are the perfect summer combination that you can enjoy without any guilt, as they are very healthy. The slices are made without refined sugar, because datesprovide enough sweetnes, and there is just a bit of maple syrup in the crem. You can also make a gluten-free version, just replace oats with gluten-free oats.
Raw desserts are extremely easy to prepare, so you don’t need any cooking or baking skills, you only need a blender. We almost always use cashew nuts to make creams for raw desserts, as their texture is very creamy. Cashews should always be soaked in water before use, so they can really soften. We usually let them soak overnight in cold water, but if you don’t have a lot of time to prepare, you can also soak them in hot water for about half an hour.
You only need 7 ingredients (for crust and cream) for these delicious and healthy slices!
- oat flour,
- dates , which are of course very sweet, so they make the base nicely sweet and there is no need to add other sweeteners. They are also very sticky, so they act as a binder,
- coconut oil, which ensures that the base and cream harden,
- cashews, soaked overnight to soften and create the perfect creamy texture,
- maple syrup for just the right amount of sweetness, and
- fresh apricots, which are of course the main ingredient, as they give the cream an exceptional fruity taste and wonderful colour.
We like to try different combinations of flavours for raw desserts, so we already have a huge number of recipes on the blog with different types of fruits. It is best to use seasonal fruit. Play with different flavours and check out recipes for raw lemon cake, raw strawberry cake and raw strawberry slices.
Raw apricot bars
- 50 g ground walnuts
- 20 g oat flour
- 50 g dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 g cashews
- 40 g coconut oil
- 30 g maple syrup
- 150 g fresh apricots without peels and pits
- Soak dates and cashews in lukewarm water overnight or for at least a few hours to soften (soak separately, in 2 bowls).
- Rinse the dates, pour away the excess water and mix them into a smooth cream with a stick mixer.
- Add melted coconut oil, ground walnuts and oat flour and mix well to get a compact mixture.
- Roll it out between two layers of baking paper into a thin square (about 12 x 12 cm).
- Blend apricots into a smooth cream.
- Rinse cashews and add the to blended apricots, along with maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Mix well.
- Put cream over the base, it is easiest to make it in a square container so that the cream does not run off the base, or make an edge out of baking paper.
- Place the finished dessert in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to harden.
- Cut into 9 bars and store in the refrigerator.