Create a perfect cozy holiday atmosphere with this juicy, soft and truly delicious aromatic aniseed loaf cake.
Aniseed cake is the perfect holiday dessert, as the magical aroma of aniseeds created while baking this cake fills up the whole apartment. Cake is incredibly soft, tender and juicy! And it stays soft for days. Aniseeds and lemon create an exceptional taste and go together really well. We have always loved the taste of aniseeds, it’s a bit sweet and very aromatic, which makes it a perfect ingredient for holiday desserts. If you love aniseeds and spiced desserts, you will be absolutely thrilled by this cake.
You can treat yourself to a slice for a snack, dessert or even breakfast, it goes especially well with a cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa. You can also take it on the go, it’s great snack for school or work.
Ingredients and instructions
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this cake! All you need are 8 ingredients and 1 bowl. You will need:
- all purpose flour,
- baking powder,
- baking soda,
- lemon peel,
- coconut sugar,
- plant based drink and
- coconut oil.
Put all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix them well, then add plant-based drink of your choosing and melted coconut oil and mix well. Pour into a baking dish lined with baking paper and bake for 30 minutes.
Keep the cake in a closed container at room temperature, as this will keep it soft and it will not crumble or become dry. It will stay just like fresh for around 3 days.
Vegan aniseed loaf cake
- 300 g flour
- 12 g baking powder
- 10 g baking soda
- 5 g lemon peel
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 15 g aniseeds
- 400 ml plant-based drink at room temperature
- 30 g melted coconut oil
- Put all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon peel, coconut sugar and aniseeds) in a bowl and mix.
- Add milk and coconut oil and mix well with a whisk or hand mixer.
- Pour into a baking dish (dimensions 30 cm x 11 cm) lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °C.
- Once the cake is baked, place it on a cooling rack and let it cool down, then slice it.