These bars are perfect on the go snack and they are super delicious.
We love making sweet potato desserts, because they taste so good and are also very healthy. Sweet potato is great for desserts and you can sneak it in without anybody notice! It gives nice creamy texture and you can’t even taste it. These bars are really easy to make and are way cheaper than store bought.
They are also way healthier, because they are made with just a few healthy ingredients. For these we used oat flour instead of all purpose flour and they turned out really good. You can also use gluten free oat flour, and enjoy in gluten free bars!
We love these bars because they are so soft and moist! You have to try them! We made them with walnut-coffee proteins, to make them a perfect pre or after workout snack, but you can use your favourite flavour.
You can use more proteins and less oat flour or just skip proteins and substitute them with more oat flour and sweetener.
Make your own best bars!
Sweet potato protein bars
- 185 g raw sweet potato
- 1 fax egg (1tbsp ground flaxseeds + 3 tbsp water mixed together)
- 130 ml rice milk
- 90 g oat flour
- 30 g walnut meal
- 20 g protein (we used coffee and walnut from myprotein, but you can use other flavour)
- 5 g flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Bring water to boil, add sweet potato and cook about 30 min. Remove water and let potato cool down.
- Then mix sweet potato and rice milk. Add flax egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Mix together oat flour, walnut meal, proteins and flax seeds and add them to wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into pan and bake on 180°C for 30-40 minutes. Let it cool down and cut into prefered shape.