Rice noodles with soy meat are incredibly simple to make and taste delicious!
If you are looking for a quickly prepared lunch or dinner, this recipe is what you need, it only takes around 30 minutes to make this! We love making this dish and we make it very often, because it is so simple to make, delicious and everybody in our family just loves it! It’s also gluten free.
The ingredients of sauce are onion, peanut butter and soy sauce. These ingredients togehthermake a really great combination of tastes. We also always add some soy meat or tofu into sauce, depends on what we have at home and also some vegetables, usually broccoli or romanesco broccoli (as on these photos) and chickpeas, because in our opinion these vegetables go really well with the sauce.
We love adding sesame seeds on top, to add a bit of crunchiness to the whole dish.
Romanesco broccoli is an amazing vegetable, it looks like an incredible artwork with all the spirals going on. Each bud is made of another buds, that grow in spiral shapes. It is amazing to look at this natures work of art.
In terms of taste, it tastes a bit like cauliflower, but is more crunchy. It has many vitamins, including vitamin C and vitamin K.
Vegan rice noodles with soy sauce
- 50 g soy meat or tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 20 g peanut butter
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 80 ml water
- 100 g rice noodles
- Firstly cook soy meat in water or soy sauce for a few minutes, until it gets soft.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped onion when it's hot. Cook for a few minutes until onion gets soft.
- Add soy meat and cook for a bit longer, so that it gets a bit crispy.
- Blend together peanut butter, soy sauce and water and add it to onion and soy meat. Let it cook for a bit on a low heat.
- Meanwhile soak or cook the rice noodles (as instructed on the package).
- When the noodles are done, add them to sauce and mix it well into the sauce.
- Cook it all for a few more minutes, and add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce at the end.
- Put on plates and add some sesame seeds on top.