Crispy, juicy and very simple pizza rolls are perfect tasty and quick snack.
Pizza rolls are one of our favorite quickly prepared snacks, with which you can impress your guests or treat them while watching a movie or series. It is not healthy snack, but sometimes you have to treat yourself, and these rolls really cannot be resisted. You will be impressed by their crispy crust and soft and juicy center with plenty of tomato sauce and vegan cheese that just melts in your mouth. Our family couldn’t get enough of them, so we have to make them all the time.
You can make them in so many different ways. Instead of just vegan cheese you can also make them with some vegan salami, add different vegetables to them and make them to your liking.
To prepare pizza rolls, you need 6 simple ingredients:
- puff pastry– we use frozen puff pastry, because it tastes great and has a lot of layers. You can also use the one from the fridge, or if you have a lot of time, you can even make it yourself,
- vegan cheese,
- tomato sauce,
- dry basil,
- dry oregano and
If you are using frozen dough, thaw it first and then roll it into a rectangle on a floured surface. Spread the dough with tomato sauce mixed with spices, sprinkle with vegan cheese, roll up and cut into smaller rolls and put in the oven. You can experiment and add sweet corn, vegan “salami”, cherry tomatoes, etc in the rolls. Play with different options and create your own version of pizza rolls. Once baked you can dip the rolls in vegan mayonnaise, ketchup or tartar sauce.
For those of you who would prefer to make a slightly healthier version of pizza rolls and make your own dough you can find recipe on our blog for yeast dough and make yeast dough pizza rolls.
Puff pastry pizza rolls
- 500 g puff pastry 2 sheets
- 150 g grated vegan cheese
- 200 g tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Roll the dough into a rectangle. Mix basil, oregano and salt into the tomato sauce, coat the dough with it and sprinkle vegan cheese on top.
- Roll it into a roll and cut it into about 10 smaller rolls (easiest with sewing thread or lacquer, but you can also use a knife).
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 200°C.
- Repeat the same process with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Serve with some vegan mayonnaise, tartar sauce or ketchup.