Delicious puff pastry rolls with spinach and tofu filling are the perfect tasty and quick meal or snack.
Crispy and crunchy puff pastry and delicious spinach filling with tofu create the perfect dish that will impress you with its incredible taste and wonderful appearance. Sometimes we seek quick lunch or dinner that doesn’t require a lot of work, especially when we don’t have time or we get tired from work or school and these spinach rolls are always a great idea! You can make big rolls or several smaller ones that are very cute and convenient as snack to enjoy while watching a movie. They are delicious both hot and cold, so they are a great choice for on the go, to take to school or work. They contain huge amounts of spinach and tofu, which are rich in vitamins, minerals and protein, and when mixed with spices they create the best filling for the rolls.
Ingredients and procedure
Vegan spinach rolls are really easy to make and you only need 11 ingredients. We also prepared a short video recipe for you to make it even easier for you to follow the recipe.
- puff pastry – we used frozen puff pastry, because it tastes great, has many layers and rolls very nicely, but if you have a lot of time, you can even make it yourself,
- nutritional yeast and
- spices: salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
If you use frozen dough, first thaw it and then roll it out into a rectangle on a floured surface. Coat the dough with spinach filling, roll it and cut into slices. To make the rolls look even more beautiful, it is best to cut them with sewing thread. You have to put the thread under the roll, weave it on top, pull it quickly and we already get nicely shaped rolls. All you have to do then is bake them for 20 minutes and you have a delicious meal ready to enjoy!
If you love spinach you have to check out our recipes for:
Vegan spinach rolls
- 1 sheet / 250 g puff pastry
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 200 g (7 oz) spinach
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) water
- 100 g (3.5 oz) tofu
- 15 g (1/4 cup) nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Chop the onion and garlic and place in the pan together with all of the ingredients for the filling (except tofu) in the pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the spinach and onion are softened.
- Allow to cool, then place in a blender along with tofu and blend.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle measuring approximately 25 cm x 35 cm (10" x 14")
- Coat the dough with the filling, roll it and cut it into 12 pieces.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 ° C (400 °F).