Refreshing and simple tofu and yogurt cake will impress you with its incredible refreshing taste and texture.
If you love simple and quick dessert, you’ve come to the right place! This incredible cake tastes like cottage cheese pastry, as tofu and soy yogurt are the perfect substitute for cottage cheese. No worries, even if you are not a huge tofu fan, you are going to love this dessert, as you can’t even really taste tofu, but it creates a wonderful texture. Yogurt, lemon, vanilla and rum create an amazing combination of flavours that is simply impossible to resist. This delicious cake is perfect for the upcoming summer days, as it is pleasantly refreshing.
We also added raisins to the cake, as they add a nice touch, but you can also skip them or use some other dried fruit if you are not a fan of raisins, the same goes for rum, which you can easily omit from the recipe. The cake is vegan, made without refined sugar and very easy to prepare.
Ingredients and procedure
Making cakes is very easy and requires 11 simple ingredients .
- flour – you can use white or semi-white flour,
- baking powder,
- coconut sugar – you can also use white, brown sugar, erythritol,
- lemon peel,
- soy yogurt,
- lemon juice,
- vanilla extract,
- coconut oil,
- tofu and
To prepare the cake, you only need one bowl in which you first mix all of the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and mix everything well. Pour the batter into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 180 °C. Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar if desired and serve.
If you love desserts that taste like cottage cheese, take a look at our following recipes:
- blackberry cheesecake slices,
- baked pancakes with lemon filling,
- blueberry cheesecake and
- vegan cheesecake.
Juicy vegan cake with raisins
- 130 g (1 cup) flour
- 8 g (2 tsp) baking powder
- 40 g (1/4 cup) coconut sugar
- 5 g (1 tbsp) lemon zest
- 220 g (1 cup) soy yogurt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 g (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) rum
- 140 g (1 cup) mashed tofu
- 60 g (1/2 cup) raisins
- Put flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and lemon zest in a bowl and mix well.
- Add soy yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, rum and mashed tofu.
- Mix everything well together.
- Add the raisins, mix them into the batter and pour into a baking dish measuring approximately 15 cm x 15 cm.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 °C.