Juicy and healthy slices with a delicious blackberry topping are a great refreshing dessert.
We diligently pick blackberries every year, as we love blackberry desserts and because we always end up with a huge amount of blackberries, we freeze them so we can make desserts throughout the whole year. This time we made these delicious and quick cheesecake slices. The combination of tofu, yoghurt and lemon creates a taste similar to cottage cheese, so if you also love cheesecake, this recipe is for you! Slices consist of three exceptional layers: juicy hazelnut crust, refreshing cheesecake cream and juicy blackberry topping, which create a delicious combination of flavours that is impossible to resist.
This slices are very healthy as they do not contain oil and flour and they are also gluten-free, so you can enjoy them even if you are avoiding gluten. Our family really loved this dessert, so it was gone in an instant!
If you also have a lot of blackberries and you don’t know what to do with them, these slices are a great way to use them in a healthy and delicious way, as they contain a really thick blackberry layer, which provides a great taste and a wonderful look. Blackberries are also extremely healthy, they contain a huge amount of antioxidants and have many health effects. Of course, you can also use any other fruit instead of blackberries, for example blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.
The slices consist of 3 amazing layers and the preparation is extremely easy!
Crust is made with just 4 ingredients and is oil-free and flour-free! It is made of:
- hazelnut meal,
- coconut sugar and
Cheesecake layer is made with 6 ingredients:
- tofu (firm, not silky),
- soy yoghurt,
- lemon juice,
- maple syrup,
- cornstarch and
- vanilla extract.
Blackberry topping contains:
- maple syrup,
- water and
On our blog you will also find cheesecake recipes, for all cheesecake lovers:
Vegan blackberry cheesecake slices
- 80 g ground hazelnuts
- 20 g coconut sugar
- 25 g tahini
- 30 ml water
- 140 g tofu firm not silken
- 100 g soy yoghurt
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 30 g maple syrup
- 10 g cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g blackberries fresh or frozen
- 35 ml water
- 10 g maple syrup
- 10 g cornstarch + 20 ml of water
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Put it in a baking dish (18 cm x 18 cm) covered with baking paper and bake for 10 minutes at 180 °C.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend into smooth cream.
- Spread it evenly on a prebaked crust and bake for another 20 minutes at 180 °C.
- Put blackberries, water and maple syrup in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Mash blackberries with a fork, then pour the mixture of cornstarch and water and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour blackberry topping over cheesecake layer and let it cool down.
- Cut into 9 slices and store in the fridge