If you need an idea for a quick, simple and very tasty treat, you’ve come to the right place!
All vanilla lovers will be thrilled with these extremely delicious and easy to prepare dessert made with only 6 ingredients! Crispy puff pastry, raspberry and delicious vanilla pudding create a wonderful harmony of flavours and textures that is simply impossible to resist. They are best fresh from the oven, when the filling is still hot and creamy and the pastry is brittle and crunchy. They are also great to take on the go, for a snack or dessert and go especially welly with a cup of hot coffee or tea. They are really easy to make and don’t take a lot of time. For even easier preparation, we have prepared step by step photos of the preparation process for you below.
Ingredients and procedure
All you need to make delicious vanilla pastry are 6 ingredients, namely:
- puff pastry – we used store-bought frozen vegan puff pastry, which we let thaw and then rolled it out into a square.
- plant-based drink – you can use your favourite drink, we used almond milk as it has a very neutral taste and we love it,
- vanilla extract – for an intense vanilla flavour,
- agave syrup – you can also use maple, rice syrup or sugar, but we do not recommend the use of coconut sugar, as in this case it will colour the pudding slightly brown and it won’t have a nice yellow colour,
- vanilla pudding powder – you can also use cornstarch and add more vanilla extract or vanilla sugar and
- fresh raspberries, they give the pastry a nice final touch.
First, prepare the pudding and leave it to cool down, stirring several times to prevent crust from forming. Meanwhile, prepare the puff pastry, roll it out into a square measuring 30 cm x 30 cm and cut it into 9 squares. Place the vanilla pudding in the middle of each square, fold all the corners (as shown in the picture below) and add the raspberries in the middle. Bake for 15 minutes at 200 ° C. If desired, the pockets can be sprinkled with powdered sugar.
If you like using puff pastry, we have quite a few recipes for both savoury and sweet dishes! Try one of the following dishes:
Vegan pastry with vanilla cream
- 250 g /1 sheet puff pastry
- 230 ml / 1 cup plant-based drink
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 g / 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 35 g /5 tbsps vanilla pudding powder or
- corn starch
- 70 ml / 5 tbsps plant-based drink
- 9 raspberries
- First, prepare the pudding: in a small cup, mix the pudding powder and 70 ml of plant-based drink.
- Put 230 ml of plant-based drink in a pot, add vanilla extract and agave syrup and bring to a boil. Then pour in the pudding mixture and stir constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Roll out the dough into a square measuring approximately 30 cm x 30 cm (12" x 12") and cut into 9 squares measuring 10 cm x 10 cm (4" x 4").
- Put vanilla pudding in the middle of each square, fold all the corners and add raspberry in the middle.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200 °C. Coat with powdered sugar if desired.