Refreshing cheesecake style strawberry slices are a great refreshing dessert that will impress you with its amazing combination of flavours.
Strawberry season has begun! We love them so much, and they are also great in desserts, so we made this delicious, light and refreshing dessert with them. If you love cheesecake, this dessert is perfect for you! The cheesecake taste and texture is created by tofu and soy yogurt, which are excellent vegan substitute when combined with lemon, vanilla and syrup.
These strawberry slices consist of three delicious layers, which complement each other perfectly. The crust is made without oil, instead we used almond butter, which is a great source of healthy fats and also really tasty. It is topped with refreshing cheesecake cream and a delicious strawberry topping, which create a wonderful dessert that is impossible to resist!
Instead of strawberries, you can also use other fruits like raspberries, blueberries, cherries and make your own version. Although the slices consist of three layers, preparation is pretty quick and easy.
Ingredients and procedure
This wonderful three-layer dessert is easy to prepare and very tasty.
Delicious and tender crust is made without oil, instead we used almond butter, which is a great substitute for oil.
- flour – you can use white or semi-white flour,
- baking powder,
- coconut sugar – you can also use white or brown sugar and erythritol,
- almond butter and
The cream tastes just like cheesecake, as the tofu and yoghurt together with the lemon peel and juice create a similar taste. It is very easy to prepare, as all you need to do is just blend all of the ingredients into smooth cream.
- firm tofu,
- soy yogurt,
- vanilla extract,
- lemon peel,
- lemon juice,
- agave syrup – can also use maple or rice syrup and
- corn starch.
- frozen strawberries – you can use any other fruit,
- coconut sugar – can also use brown, white sugar or erythritol,
- water and
- agar agar.
Once the cake is baked, pour the strawberry topping over it, add the strawberries and wait for it to cool down and harden. Then slice and serve.
All cheesecake lovers have to look at our other cheesecake style recipes:
- raspberry cheesecake bars,
- blueberry cheesecake,
- cherry cheesecake,
- cheesecake pie,
- caramel cheesecake bars and
- blackberry cheesecake slices.
Vegan cheesecake slices with strawberries
- 120 g ground almonds
- 90 g flour
- 8 g baking powder
- 40 g coconut sugar
- 60 g almond butter
- 60 ml water
- 200 g tofu
- 130 g soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 g lemon peel
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 75 g agave syrup
- 25 g corn starch
- 200 g frozen strawberries
- 25 g coconut sugar
- 55 ml water
- 2 g agar agar
- Put all of the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix, add almond butter and water and knead into a dough.
- Place the dough between two layers of baking sheet and roll out into a square about 16 cm x 16 cm (6" x 6").
- Place the rolled dough in a baking pan and prepare the cream.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend into a smooth cream.
- Pour the cream on top of the crust and bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °C.
- While the bars are baking, prepare strawberries.
- Put strawberries, coconut sugar and water in a pot. and bring to a boil. Cook until strawberries are soft, then place in a blender, add agar agar and blend. Pour back into the pot and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the baked bars and, if desired, add strawberry slices and let it harden.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve.