A wonderful peach puff pastry pie is an easy, quick and very tasty summer dessert!
We love fruit desserts in the summer, because they are extremely juicy, refreshing and delicious. This time we made a puff pastry pie, which is very simple to make and looks absolutely wonderful. Puff pastry is perfect for when you don’t have much time to create in the kitchen, but still want to treat guests , family members or yourself to a delicious homemade dessert. Crispy puff pastry, juicy yogurt cream and fruits will surely convince you, as the flavours and textures complement each other extremely well. Since peaches are in season right now, we just had to use them for the dessert, as they are the perfect ingredient!
Vibrant colors and a beautiful pattern create the perfect summer dessert. Juicy cream is made from vegan mango yoghurt and tofu, which create an amazing smooth cream. If you are not a fan of peaches, you can also use other fruits, like plums, apricots… and make a pie that suits your taste.
Ingredients and instructions
The preparation of the pie is very easy and quick, and you only need 6 simple ingredients.
- puff pastry– we use frozen puff pastry, which we then thaw and roll out into a square, but you can also use a sheet,
- vegan mango yoghurt– you can also use other flavor,
- corn starch,
- agave syrup– you can also replace it with maple or rice syrup,
- peaches or nectarines and cherries (optional for decoration).
First, prepare yoghurt filling: put tofu, mango yogurt, agave syrup and cornstarch in a blender and blend to get a smooth cream. Roll out the the pastry into a square of dimensions approximately 30 cm x 30 cm (12″ x 12″). Cover the dough with the yoghurt filling and place the sliced peaches and cherries on top. Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F.
If you love simple and quick puff pastry dishes, check out recipes on our blog for:
Vegan peach pie with puff pastry
- 250 g / 1 sheet puff pastry
- 5 peaches
- 140 g / 5 oz. tofu
- 130 g / 1/2 cup mango yoghurt
- 16 g / 2 tbsp corn starch
- 60 g / 3 tbsp agave syrup
- First, prepare yoghurt filling: put tofu, mango yogurt, agave syrup and cornstarch in a blender and blend.
- Roll the dough into a square of approximately 30 cm x 30 cm (12" x 12").
- Cover the dough with the yoghurt filling and place the sliced peaches and cherries on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F.