Have you tried Ratatouille yet? This healthy veggy dish will impress you with an extremely easy preparation and beautiful looks.
We simply love quick and healthy dishes without oil, so this time we prepared this extremely tasty and wonderful dish that originates from Provençal France. In the summer time, when there is an abundance of vegetables in the garden, it’s the best time to prepare this dish, as it is made only from fresh vegetables and spices. The basis of the dish are tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and tomato sauce, to which we add a lot of spices to create amazing harmony of flavours. To create that beautiful appearance, first pour the tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, arrange vegetables on top in an alternating order to create a beautiful pattern and bake until veggies get nicely soft and juicy.
Ratatouille is a very tasty, healthy, low-calorie dish that is also gluten-free, so you can enjoy it without any guilt and at the same time, it is also a great way to use seasonal vegetables. The dish can be eaten alone or with a side dish, such as baked potatoes.
Ingredients and instructions
This tasty and healthy dish is prepared only from vegetables and a lot of spices, which give the dish a nice flavour.
The ingredients are:
- spices (salt, black pepper, basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary) and
- tomato sauce.
Cut the eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes into rings. Peel the onion and garlic, chop them into small pieces, put them in a pan, add water, bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes or until it softens. Lower the heat and add the tomato sauce and all the spices and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour sauce into a baking dish, and arrange vegetables on top of the sauce in alternating order. Bake for 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °C/360 °F.
- 1 eggplant 400 g
- 1 zucchini 400 g
- 3 to matoes 400 g
- 2 onions
- 70 ml 1/3 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dry basil
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp dry rosemary
- 280 g 1 cup tomato sauce
- Cut the eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes into rings.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop them into small pieces, put them together with water in a pan, bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Lower the heat and add the tomato sauce and all the spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce into a baking dish, and place vegetables on sauce in alternating order.
- Bake for 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °C/360 °F.