Creme Caramel is a delicious creamy caramel dessert that is very easy to prepare and tastes divine.
A simple, quickly prepared and incredibly tasty dessert, covered with a huge amount of caramel is simply irresistable. We are sure that all caramel lovers will be impressed by it. This creamy, delicate and soft dessert is known all over the world. We made it in a vegan version and the result impressed us, it is really impossible to resist. It is perfect for summer days, as it is prepared without baking. Creme caramel is gluten, flour and oil-free and contains only 8 simple ingredients.
Creme caramel consists of two parts, a delicious and creamy coconut milk pudding and sweet caramel, which merge into a wonderful dessert. The dessert is very similar to Panna Cotta, as it has a similar base, the difference is that it is a little more creamy, and has a caramel topping, which is also absorbed into the cream and is definitely the best part of this dessert! Creme caramel has to rest in the fridge for a few hours, or even better, overnight, so that the flavours blend beautifully together. In the original recipe, the cream also contains eggs, so it needs to be baked, but in the vegan recipe baking is not necessary. We just cook all of the ingredients, pour them into a dish and wait for the dessert to harden.
Ingredients and instructions
You only need 8 ingredients for this simple caramel dessert.
- coconut milk– we use full-fat canned coconut milk, which is extremely creamy and intensely flavored,
- maple syrup,
- coconut sugar– you can also use white or brown sugar and
Add the coconut drink, maple syrup, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt in the pan. Mix all of the ingredients well and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute and stir constantly, then lower the temperature to medium and cook for about 3 more minutes and mix several times in between. Pour the caramel into four cups, then prepare the pudding, as the caramel needs to harden a little before pouring cream on top.
- coconut milk,
- maple syrup– you can also use agave or rice syrup,
- vanilla extract,
- agar agar,
- corn starch and
- almond drink – you can use any plantbased drink.
For all caramel and pudding lovers, you have recipes on the blog for:
- vegan panna cotta in a jar,
- Panna Cotta slices with fruit,
- vegan Kinder Maxi King
- vegan Twix,
- cheesecake slices v
- caramel cheesecake pie
Vegan Creme caramel
- 75 g coconnut drink
- 12 g maple syrup
- 55 g coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 dl coconut drink
- 40 g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 5 g agar agar
- 20 g cornstarch
- 140 ml almond drink
- Add the coconut drink, maple syrup, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt to the pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients well and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute and stir constantly, then lower the temperature to medium and cook for about 3 more minutes and mix several times in between.
- Pour the caramel into four cups, then prepare the pudding, as the caramel needs to harden a little before pouring pudding on top.
- Put all of the ingredients in a pot, mix them well and bring to a boil. Cook for about 3 minutes and stir several times in between to prevent lumps from forming.
- Once the pudding is cooked, set it aside and let it sit for about 5 minutes before pouring it over the caramel. After 5 minutes, pour the pudding over the caramel, you can add it by spoonfuls, as the caramel must remain at the bottom of the cup.
- When the pudding has cooled to room temperature, put the creme caramel in the refrigerator overnight so that it hardens well and the caramel is absorbed into the pudding.
- Carefully turn the dessert onto a plate and enjoy the wonderful harmony of flavors.