Kinder Maxi King in vegan version will impress you with its amazing combination of flavours and textures.
We love to veganize all kinds of desserts and snack, so this time we made a vegan version of Kinder Maxi King. We’ve been thinking for a while about how to make it, as it has a lot of different layers, and created the best recipe, it came out absolutely amazing, we thin it’s even better than the original. Combination of liquid caramel in the middle, surrounded by soft cream, crunchy wafer, coated with chocolate and roasted hazelnuts will definitely impress you. Our whole family really loved them so we had to make them again, because they were gone in seconds.
Event hough there are so many layers, these bars are actually pretty easy to prepare and don’t take too much time, as it doesn’t require any baking and the layers are also quickly put together, you just have to wait for the chocolate to harden. And for even easier preparation we made a video and you can also find photos below. You can make many bars at once as they will last in a sealed container in the fridge for quite some time. It is a great snack on the go, as it is easy to pack and you can enjoy these tasty bars anywhere you like.
You only need 9 ingredients to make this delicious snack!
- vegan mascarpone – you can find it in an organic or vegan store,
- vegan whipped cream – you can use any cream (coconut, rice, soy)
- vanilla sugar and
- erythritol or white sugar – if you want the cream to remain white, as in the original dessert, don’t use brown or coconut sugar, because the cream will turn brown.
- coconut sugar – you can also use brown sugar and
- coconut milk – use canned milk. Shake it well before opening, to get a nice creamy and thick texture.
- dark chocolate – you can use any vegan chocolate,
- wafer – available at almost every grocery store and
- roasted hazelnuts.
Bars are pretty simple to make and you have the preparation process shown in the picture below and in the video.
- First, cut the wafers into an elongated oval shape, similar to the original Maxi King. Then prepare the cream by whipping the cream, add mascarpone, vanilla sugar and erythritol or white sugar and beat for a few minutes. For the caramel, put coconut milk and sugar in the pan, mix well, bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes until the mixture starts to thicken and you get the caramel.
- Coat each wafer with cream.
- Make a dent on one side and pour caramel into it.
- Cover with the other half.
- Spread cream on sides to get a nice shape.
- Dip each bar in melted chocolate, sprinkle with hazelnuts and place in the fridge to allow chocolate to harden.
Homemade vegan Kinder Maxi King
- 90 g vegan mascarpone
- 130 g vegan whipping cream
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 40 g erythritol or sugar
- 40 g coconut sugar
- 40 g coconut milk canned
- 200 g vegan chocolate
- 1 wafer sheet
- 30 g roasted hazelnuts
- Cut the wafer sheet into 12 long oval shapes.
- Prepare the cream: beat whipping cream, add mascarpone, vanilla sugar and erythritol or. sugar and beat for a few more minutes, then place in refrigerator.
- Prepare the caramel by putting sugar and coconut milk in a pan, stir well and bring to a boil. When it start to boil, stir constantly for two minutes, then reduce the heat and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring several times.
- Coat all 12 cut wafers with cream, make a dent in half and pour caramel into it and cover with the one without caramel. Dip each bar into melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped roasted hazelnuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden.