This charming dessert will amaze you with its excellent chocolate-coconut flavour and elegant look.
Chocolate and coconut lovers and all of you who love to be creative in the kitchen, this dessert is for you! It looks really elegant with a nice round shape and an incredible combination of flavours and textures. We really enjoyed making these lovely mini desserts. They consist of 3 parts: soft chocolate sponge cake, creamy coconut core and crunchy chocolate layers over the cream. With this dessert you can impress your family or guests, as it is very beautiful, fun to eat and tastes amazing.
It takes some time to make, because you have to make chocolate domes, cake and cream and assemble it together, but it is definitely worth the time and effort, as you get a very tasty and elegant dessert. If you don’t have dome shaped mold,, you can also use silicone muffin tins or some other similar molds and create a different shape.
This dessert has three different parts, cake, cream and dome, so the preparation takes a little more time, but not too much. The ingredients you need to prepare this dessert are:
- flour – we used semi-white flour, but you can also use white,
- baking powder,
- coconut sugar – you can also use white or brown sugar,
- maple syrup – you can use agave or rice syrup,
- vanilla extract – we use bourbon vanilla and not regular extract, as it tastes better and more natural,
- almond milk – use your favorite plantbased drink,
- coconut oil and
- dark chocolate – if you’re not a fan of dark chocolate, you can use some other vegan chocolate
To get small circles of cake, use a round cookie cutter or glass of similar size to the domes and cut out circles. If you don’t have a glass or cookie cutter the size of a dome, use a larger one and then cut cake with a knife to fit the dome.
- silk tofu,
- coconut flour,
- coconut yoghurt,
- erythritol – you can also use white sugar, if you use brown or coconut sugar the cream will not be white and
- vanilla extract
Cream is very easy to make, just put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend into a smooth cream.
- chocolate for domes – you can use dark chocolate, white vegan chocolate, vegan milk chocolate or all and create domes of different colours and spice up the dessert.
Use any chocolate, melt it, coat the domes with it and let it harden. Then fill them with cream, dip cut out cake into chocolate and place on the cream. You can sprinkle some coconut on top for a nice touch.
Vegan chocolate coconut domes
- 150 g flour
- 5 g baking powder
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 10 g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.2 dl almond milk
- 8 g coconut oil
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 150 g silken tofu
- 70 g desiccated coconut
- 150 g coconut yogurt
- 40 g erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g chocolate
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and coconut sugar. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk and melted coconut oil and mix everything together.
- Melt dark chocolate, leave for a few minutes, then pour into the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 180 °C.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut out 12 circles with a round cookie cutter or glass.
- Put all the ingredients for cream in a blender and blend into a smooth cream.
- Melt the chocolate and coat the dome shaped silicone models with it and let it harden. (If don't have models, use silicone muffin molds.)
- Fill the domes with cream, coat the cut out cake circles with melted chocolate and place on the cream.
- Allow to harden, then remove from the molds.