Delicious panna cotta is a great refreshing dessert for hot spring and summer days.
Panna cotta is a perfect healthy, light and refreshing dessert that will take you to a tropical beach with its taste and appearance. It is very light, tasty, silky smooth and the creamy mango topping adds a nice touch to it. It is very easy and quick to prepare, you only need 5 ingredients to make it!
Panna cotta is a popular Italian dessert that is served cold, as the cream needs to harden, and it can be served with a variety of cooked fruits. It is usually made with heavy cream, but it can easily be made vegan with coconut milk. You can make panna cotta in a jar or in a soufflé bowl and when it hardens, just turn it over on a plate and pour it with any topping (cooked raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, chocolate, …). Or you can make it in a jar and top it with a delicious mango cream.
Ingredients and procedure
This simple and quick dessert is perfect for when you want quickly prepared and light dessert that will impress guests with its appearance and an incredible taste. It is made with only 5 ingredients:
- canned coconut milk – whole fat coconut milk is the best choice, because it has a more intense flavour,
- agave syrup – you can replace it with maple or rice syrup,
- vanilla extract,
- agar agar – this is a vegan alternative to gelatine and it creates the perfect texture of panna cotta and
Put all the ingredients for panna cotta in a pot, bring to a boil and cook for about three minutes. Pour into two jars and allow the panna cotta to cool completely and harden. In the meantime, prepare the mango cream. Blend mango and syrup into a cream, add agar agar , bring to a boil and cook for about three minutes, then pour the cream over panna cotta layer. Allow to cool and decorate with your favourite toppings.
If you love panna cotta, check out our recipes for panna cotta slices and if you love mango, check out our recipe for no-bake mango tart.
Vegan panna cotta jars
- 400 g (1 3/4 cup) coconut milk canned
- 40 g (3 tbsps) agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 g (1 tbsp) agar agar
- 1 mango
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 3 g 1 tsp agar agar
- Put coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and agar agar in a pot, mix and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about three minutes on medium heat, stirring several times to prevent any lumps.
- Pour into two jars, allow to cool slightly, then place in the fridge to harden.
- Put mango and agave syrup in blender an blend until smooth.
- Pour into a pan, add agar agar and bring to a boil. Cook for about three minutes and stir several times.
- Pour over the hardened panna cotta layer, leave to cool, then decorate as desired and serve.