Delicious bars with oranges, raisins and almonds are a great healthy snack that will impress you with its taste and wonderful appearance.
We simply love homemade bars as they are easy to prepare, healthier and cheaper store-bought and you can prepare them exactly as you like. This time we used golden raisins as a base and they also act as a binder and sweetener, so there is no need to add sugar or other sweeteners. Bars are made from healthy ingredients and contain a huge amount of vitamins, minerals and protein. A single bite of these delicious bars with whole pieces of oranges and almonds, drizzled with some dark chocolate will completely take you over and the store-bought bars will be forgotten in a second.
Candied oranges provide an excellent taste and juiciness, while almonds provide crispiness and healthy fats. These bars are a tasty and healthy snack that you can take with you on the road, to school, work… They do not contain any oil, sugar or flour and can also be prepared in a gluten-free version by simply replacing oats with gluten-free ones.
Ingredients and procedure
These tasty and healthy tiles are easy to prepare and are made with only 7 ingredients.
- golden raisins,
- oats – you can also use gluten-free for the gluten-free version,
- orange peel,
- candied orange and
- dark chocolate.
You have to soak raisins in water to soften, you can soak them overnight or in hot water for at least half an hour. Then all you need to do is blend the raisins, add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you get a solid mixture. Roll out, cut into 8 slices and drizzle over some melted dark chocolate.
If you love healthy snacks, check out our recipes for:
Healthy vegan bars
- 110 g (3/4 cup) golden raisins
- 125 g (1 1/4 cup) oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 30 g (1/4 cup) chopped almonds
- 30 g (3 tbsps) candied orange
- a piece of dark chocolate
- Soak raisins in lukewarm water overnight.
- Rinse soaked raisins, put them in a blender and blend.
- Put in a bowl, add all of the other ingredients and mix until you get a firm mixture. If it's too sticky add some more oat flour and if it's too dry just add some water.
- Roll it out between two layers of baking paper.
- Cut into around 8 bars.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the bars.