A delicious and healthy dish with lots of juicy fruit and a crispy baked crust is a great idea for breakfast or dessert.
If you love healthy dishes with lots of fruits, this recipe is just for you! It’s also a great way to use oats in a slightly different way. Crumble is a very simple dish that is extremely easy to prepare and you only need 6 ingredients to make it! Juicy fruit on the bottom and crispy baked crust create a delicious dish that you simply can’t resist! Healthy and tasty crumble is great for breakfast, as a snack or dessert and you can add vegan ice cream or yoghurt to top it off, which goes really well with the crumble, especially in these hot and sunny days.
You can also easily prepare a gluten-free version by replacing the oats with gluten-free ones. The crumble does not contain oil, instead we used almond butter, which provides a great taste and binds the oats together. The dish is full of vitamins, minerals, proteins and fiber, and it is also very tasty and easy to prepare. You can enjoy it hot and eat it with a spoon, or wait for it to cool and harden a bit and eat it with a fork.
Ingredients and procedure
You only need 6 ingredients for this tasty and healthy berry crumble:
- spelt oats – you can also use regular oats or gluten-free if you don’t eat gluten,
- oat flour – you can buy oat flour or simply grind oats in a coffee grinder or blender,
- chia seeds,
- maple syrup – you can also use agave or rice syrup,
- almond butter – you can also use peanut or other nut butter and
- berries – or any other fruit (cherries, blueberries …).
Preparation is so easy and it only takes a few minutes! All you have to do is mix dry ingredients, add the wet ones to them and mix everything well together. First, place the fruit mixed with maple syrup on the bottom of the baking dish, crumble prepared mixture on it with your hands and bake everything together for 20 minutes at 180 °C. Serve hot or cold with a scoop of vegan ice cream, yogurt or cream.
If you love healthy and tasty dishes with oats, check out our recipes for:
- vegan plum crumble,
- crumble bars with nectarines,
- apple oat crumble bars,
- blueberry crumble bars and
- chocolate oat bars.
Vegan crumble with berries
- 65 g 1/2 cup spelt oats
- 35 g 1/3 cup oat flour
- 10 g 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 25 g 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 30 g 2 tbsps almond butter
- 250 g 1 1/4 cup berries
- 15 g 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Put oats, oat flour and chia seeds in a bowl and mix.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup and mix well.
- Mix the berries with maple syrup and place on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Crumble the oat mixture on top of fruits with your hands and bake at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with vegan yogurt or ice cream on the side.