Delicious coconut bars covered with chocolate are a perfect snack!
Who doesn’t love chocolate and coconut combo?! It’s one of the tastiest combos for desserts, the tastes really go together so well.
We used to really love bounty bars before going vegan, so we decided to create our own vegan and healthier version of it. And we can say that it tastes just as good as the original, or even better. They are also pretty healthy, as they are low in oil and sweetened only with a bit of maple syrup and covered in dark chocolate. They are also gluten-free.
These ‘bounty’ bars are a perfect sweet and healthy snack, that is so simple to make, and all you need to make them are 5 simple ingredients, that you most probably already have at home! Ingredients that you need to make the bars are:
- coconut milk,
- shredded coconut,
- maple syrup,
- coconut oil and
- dark chocolate.
We used one more ingredient to make them a bit more fun and healthy! We added some natural colours (pink pitaya powder and blue spirulina powder), which are both really healthy and also add a nice colour. But these are of course not necessary to make the bars, you can just make the regular white ones without any colour.
Vegan bounty bars
- 160 g coconut milk 3/4 cup
- 17 ml coconut oil 2tbsps
- 35 g maple syrup 2 tbsps
- 65 g desiccated coconut ½ cup (4tbsps)
- dark chocolate
- a pinch of colour powder optional
- Mix coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, 50g(1/2 cup) of desiccated coconut and colour powder in a blender.
- Then mix in the remaining 15g of desiccated coconut with a fork (so the bars have a nice texture).
- Put the mixture on a foil, shape it into a rectangle and put in fridge for a few hours.
- Cut it into 8 bars and cover each one with chocolate.
- Put in fridge until the chocolate hardens.