Juicy and quick dessert or breakfast that will impress you with its exceptional taste and juiciness.
For all crumble lovers we have a really tasty, simple & healthy recipe for plum crumble! The taste and texture are simply divine. Juicy plums and crunchy crumble provide an extremely tasty combination of flavours and textures that you can’t resist. The best is still warm, because it is the most juicy, so you have to eat it with a spoon. If you add a scoop of ice cream or yoghurt to these amazing crumble, you get the best dessert. You can also let it cool down, to get more compact dessert and can cut it into pieces, but it tastes the best when it’s still warm, fresh from the oven. Plum crumble is great as a dessert or even breakfast as it contains only healthy ingredients.
Crumble is made with healthy ingredients and doesn’t contain any flour or oil. You can also easily make a gluten-free version, just replace oats with gluten-free oats. Since we love plums and it’s now the season, we just had to make dessert with plums. In our opinion they taste the best when they are baked or cooked as they get more intense flavour and a wonderful red colour. They’re especially great in combination with cinnamon.
Plums are a great ingredient for desserts, as they create a wonderful taste, and they are also very healthy because they contain a lot of vitamins C, K, E, B6 and folic acid and have many health benefits. We love them in all forms, from jams, compotes, in desserts…
Plum filling is made with 5 ingredients :
- coconut sugar,
- lemon and
You can also use any other fresh or frozen fruit, such as raspberries, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, apples etc.
Crunchy crumble on top is made with just 7 healthy ingredients and does not contain flour or oil. Instead of flour, we used ground almonds and oat flour, we get this by blending oats in a smoothie blender.
All of the ingredients are:
- oat flour,
- instant oats,
- ground almonds,
- maple syrup for sweetness,
- almond butter instead of regular butter, as it is healthier ad also a great source of healthy fats,
- salt and
If you like healthy recipes with oats and fruits, check out our recipes for more compact crumble bars with different fruits:
For all chocolate lovers, we also have a recipe for chocolate oat bars.
Healthy vegan plum crumble
- 400 g fresh or thawed frozen plums pitted
- 20 g coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- half a lemon
- 20 ml water
- 70 g instant oats
- 30 g almond flour
- 25 g oat flour
- a pinch of salt
- 40 g almond butter
- 30 g maple syrup
- 20 ml water
- Cut plums into thin slices, add coconut sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Place plums in a baking dish (18 x 18 cm) and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 °C.
- While the plums are baking, prepare crumble.
- Mix oats, oat flour, almond flour and salt.
- In another bowl mix almond butter, maple syrup and water. Add to dry mixture and mix well.
- Take plums out of the oven and squeeze lemon juice and 20 ml of water on them.
- Crumble prepared crumble mixture on top of plums and bake for another 20 minutes at 180 °C.
- Serve with vegan yoghurt or ice cream.