Healthy and delicious stuffed peppers in heavenly tomato sauce.
Stuffed peppers in a delicious tomato soup are a food of our childhood. Our grandma used to make them all the time, and now we’ve decided to veganize the recipe and they came out so good! They are a perfect healthy lunch that is pretty easy to make. The stuffed peppers and sauce are both so delicious. We always eat them with some mashed potato, as it goes together really well together, but you can also enjoy them with a piece of bread or on their own because they are so good. You can also freeze it, including the sauce, and heat up any time you want to enjoy them.
Vegan stuffed pepper
- 5 red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 onions
- 1 liter tomato sauce
- 6 dl water
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tespoon brown sugar
- 55 g soya mince
- 30 g ground flax seeds
- 40 g ground oats
- 80 g rice
- 10 g ground chia seeds
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 dl hot water
- black pepper
- Mix soya mince, flax seedsm, chia seeds, oats, rice, chopped onion and garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour with hot water and let it soak for around 15 minutes.
- While it's soaking, hollow red peppers.
- Then fill peppers with the mixture. (Fill it a little bit below the top, because it expands when cooking.)
- Heat up olive oil, add chopped onion and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Put cooked onion and a few spoons of tomato sauce in a blender and blend until it's smooth.
- In another pot heat up some olive oil mixed with flour and sugar and stir for a few second.
- When it gets a nice golden colour add the blended mixture, the rest of tomato sauce, water, salt and black pepper.
- Bring it to a boil and then put in stuffed peppers.
- Cook on a low heat for about an hour. (Make sure it's boiling a bit all the time.)