Creamy and delicious homemade milk rice made with just two simple ingredients!
Simple and really creamy milk rice with a perfect taste is a great breakfast or healthy dessert. This is the food of our childhood! We used to eat this all the time when we were kids and now we rarely remember to make it, but we should definitely make it more often, because it’s incredibly simple to make and so delicious! If you want to change up your breakfast you should definitely give this a try.
For this delicious meal you only need 2 ingredients:
- rice and
- plant based milk.
And then you can add some flavour to it by adding apple and cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate, cocoa powder, coconut, protein powder… Just add any ingredient you like.
You can eat it as it is or top it with some fruits, nuts or chocolate. We love to add chocolate on top of hot milk rice so it can melt. It’s so delicious!
Here are recipes for two of our favourite flavours to make: apple & cinnamon and vanilla.
Apple & cinnamon
Vegan milk rice
- 100 g rice it's best to use the kind for milk rice
- 600 ml rice milk
- 1 shredded apple
- a bit of cinnamon
- Put rice, rice milk, shreddded apple and cinnamon in a pot and cook it until it becomes soft.
- If needed add some milk while cooking. Enjoy.
Vanilla favoured vegan milk rice
- 700 ml plant based milk
- 100 g rice the kind for milk rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix milk and vanilla extract and bring to a boil
- When it's boiling add rice and cook for around 30 minutes.
- Stir from time to time, so that it doesn't stick to the pan.