This is the softest and most delicious pumpkin cake you’ll ever try!
This is one of our favourite desserts! In the fall we make it almost every week, and never get bored of it, because it is that good. And it makes the whole house smell amazing! This cake is the winner, I’m telling you. It’s so rich in flavour, lightly spiced and really soft.
Pumpkin cake is really easy to make, you just mix together all of the ingredients in one bowl, put batter in a mold and bake. Then you can play around with decorations, or just leave it as it is, because it is amazing on its own.
We love using pumpkin for desserts, because they are a perfect healthy ingredient that makes desserts really moist and delicious and it is a great way to get some vitamins in desserts. This way desserts are way healthier! And we have a lot of pumpkins in our own garden, so it is one more reason for us to bake pumpkin desserts.
You can find some more of our pumpkin recipes here.
We also made a video recipe so you can watch every step of how to make this yummy cake.
- 500 g(2 ¼ cup) cooked or canned pumpkin
- 250 ml (1 cup) rice milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 450 g(3 ¾ cup) flour
- 30 g (2 tbsp) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3 spoons gingerbread spice mix
- 90 g coconut sugar
- 60 g (½ cup) chopped walnuts
- 60 g (½ cup) dry tropical fruits
- 2 tbsp chocolate drops
- 6 dry apricots (cut into small pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix all of the dry ingredients and set aside. Then mix wet ingredients and pour them into dry ingredients and wisk until completely combined. You will get a thick batter.
- Grease baking mould with coconut oil and spread batter into it. Bake it for 50 minutes.
- Half way into it cover the top with baking paper so it won't browning too quickly.
- Let it cool down a bit before cutting.