Creamy cauliflower sauce will impress you with its amazing taste and easy preparation.
We love thick creamy sauces that go well with pasta. If you also love such sauces, this recipe is perfect for you! This Alfredo sauce is extremely creamy and is made with very healthy ingredients, without any added cream or oil . It contains a huge amount of cauliflower, which gives it a creamy texture, that is further enriched by cashews. When you combine these two ingredients with garlic, onion, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast you’ll get an exceptionally tasty sauce.
The preparation of this sauce is very simple and doesn’t take a lot of time, as it is ready in just half an hour. We make it very often, especially when we don’t have a lot of time, but we still want to eat something healthy and tasty. Once you try it, it will definitely become a staple on your menu as well, it’s so amazing! Both vegans and non-vegans are impressed with this sauce, because it has an amazing, full taste and the nutritional yeast add a “cheesy” flavour. This vegan Alfredo sauce is basically a healthy version of the classic alfredo sauce, because it contains only healthy, unprocessed ingredients, does not contain any oil or gluten and is therefore also suitable for all who enjoy gluten-free diet.
It goes great with noodles or some other kind of pasta, but you can also serve it with buckwheat, rice, mashed potatoes, etc. the possibilities are endless, use your favourite combination.
You only need 7 ingredients for this divine creamy sauce:
- cauliflower which is the main ingredient and provides a creamy texture and delicate taste,
- garlci ,
- onion ,
- nutritional yeast – this gives the sauce an exceptional “cheesy” taste and enriches it with vitamins and minerals,
- black pepper ,
- salt in
- cashew nuts that make the sauce really creamy, plus they add a lot of vitamins and minerals to the sauce. Cashews are often described as the healthiest nuts, as they are an excellent source of healthy fats, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, protein, zinc, copper and iron. To prepare the sauce, it is a good idea to soak them in water for a while to soften, as they become even more creamy.
Preparation is very easy, all you have to do is cook the cauliflower, onion and garlic. Once cooked, put cooked vegetables in a blender with all of the other ingredients and blend into a smooth cream and you already have a delicious and healthy sauce ready.
Do you also love pasta? Then you should definitely try:
- vegan bolognese sauce ,
- spinach pesto fusilles or prepare
- vegan lasagna .
If you love quick sauces, check out our recipe for a healthy and delicious creamy mushroom sauce .
Vegan alfredo sauce
- 700 g cauliflower
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 15 g nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 50 g cashews
- 150 g noodles or any other kind of pasta
- Soak cashews in lukewarm water for at least an hour or even better overnight.
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into larger pieces. Peel the garlic and onion, cut the onion into large pieces.
- Put water in a pot, add salt and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, add cauliflower, garlic and onion and cook for 20-30 minutes, until it completely softens.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta.
- Put cooked cauliflower, garlic and onion in a blender, add all of the spices and pre-soaked cashews and blend into a smooth mixture. If necessary, add the some water in which vegetables were being cooked to get the desired density of the sauce.
- Mix pasta and sauce well and serve. Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.