Very simple to make and incredibly delicious and juicy vegan baked rice pudding.
This baked rice pudding that has crunchy crust on the outside and is soft and juicy on the inside is an irresistible cozy treat! Apples and cinnamon give it an incredible taste and fill the whole house with amazing aromas.
Baked rice pudding is very simple to make, you only need a few ingredients and they are all healthy! So you can enjoy this as a healthy breakfast or even snack. It is also sugar free and oil free.
The ingredients that you’ll need to make it are:
- rice – we use the kind of rice specifically for milk rice, but it is also possible to use other kinds, but you might have to adjust the amount of milk and time of cooking,
- plantbased milk – we usually use rice milk, because it is a bit sweet, but you can use any kind of plantbased milk you want,
- vanilla extract,
- maple syrup.
If you like raisins, you can add them in, they are great pre-soaked in some rum or juice. You can also skip cinnamon if you don’t like it, or add some other spices, like ginger, nutmeg, turmeric… There are really many possibilities to customize it to your own taste. We are obsessed with apple and cinnamon combo, so this is our favourite one to make.
If you don’t have the time to bake the pudding or just don’t want to turn on the oven, you can try making cooked milk rice, that is just as good as baked.
Vegan baked rice pudding
- 1 l rice milk or any other plant based milk
- 250 g rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 apples
- 1 lemon
- 20 g maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Put rice milk and vanilla extract in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, add rice and cook for around 30 minutes, or until rice becomes soft.
- Meanwhile, peel and shred apples and prepare lemon juice.
- When rice is cooked, add apples, lemon, cinnamon, maple syrup and mix it well together.
- Put it in a pan and bake for 40 minutes at 180°C.
- When it's baked, let it cool down a bit, so it can harden and you'll be able to cut it into nice pieces.