This healthy and nutritious vegan bread with seeds is incredibly soft and really delicious.
We love making our own bread at home and this one is our favourite! It is incredibly soft and really rich in flavour, filling and full of nutrients. It is way better than store bought breads, which are usually very flavourless and not filling at all. Making bread at home is really easy and doesn’t take a lot of time or work, so if you like bread, you should definitely give it a try.
This bread is full of delicious and healthy ingredients. It is made with 3 different kinds of flours, 4 kinds of seeds, dry yeast and water. That’s it! Just simple and healthy ingredients to fuel your body.
We use 3 different kinds of flours:
- whole grain corn flour
This yellow flour made from corn contains a lot of proteins and vitamin B and E. It is also a source of iron, calcium, magnesium and some other minerals.
- buckwheat flour
This gluten free flour has a bit stronger taste, so it adds a very nice flavour to the whole bread. It is very nutritionally reach and contains a lot of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- half-white flour
This flour also has a lot of fibers and minerals.
We also love adding a lot of seeds to our bread, because they are really nutritious, full of proteins and healthy fats and have so many health benefits. For this bread we used:
- sunflower seeds are very high in vitamin E,
- chia seeds which are very high in omega 3, calcium and iron,
- pumpkin seeds – a great source of antioxidants and magnesium,
- sesame seeds are also a great source of vitamins and minerals.
This bread is so delicious that you can simply eat it on it’s own. But we love to enjoy it with some hummus spread, that we also make ourselves (you can find recipe here) or some other kind of spread. A great combination is also peanut butter with banana and cacao nibs or classic peanut butter and jelly. You can add any spread or topping that you like most and enjoy in it.
- 70 g whole grain corn flour
- 170 g buckwheat flour
- 450 ml boiling water
- 7 g dry yeast
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 10 g chia seeds
- 15 g pumpkin seeds
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 250 ml luke warm water
- 340 g half-white flour
- 1 spoon salt
- Mix corn flour and buckwheat flour and pour boiling water over it. Mix it well together and let it rest for around 20 minutes.
- Add all of the other ingredients (yeast, seeds, salt, flour and water).
- Mix all of the ingredients together with a wooden spoon or knead with your hands.
- Cover and let it rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- Put in a pan, let it rest for 10 more minutes and bake for around 50 minutes on 200°C.