Vegan zucchini lasagna is a great, healthy alternative to classic lasagna.
The difference between this and regular lasagna is, that it doesn’t contain any pasta, only thin zucchini slices and we skipped the “ricotta” layer to make it a bit lighter and low in calories. This way it is also gluten free. And the filling is made with soy mince and tomato sauce. All of the ingredients are very healthy and simple, but it tastes like the real thing!
Zucchini lasagna is very simple to make!
It is made with a small amount of ingredients and can be prepared really fast. So it is great for everybody that loves
lasagna but wants to make it healthy and quickly. It is a very light meal, that can be enjoyed as lunch or dinner.
Zucchinis are incredibly low in calories and very healthy, so they are great substitute to lasagna sheets made from flour. This lasagna is great for everybody who is trying to lose weight or enjoys a gluten-free diet.
Zucchini is so low in calories because it is mostly made of water. So if you have to be a bit careful when making lasagna if you don’t want to end up with a very messy pile of what should be a lasagna. You can follow these 3 tips:
- Cut it as thin as you possibly can (it’s best to use veggie peeler).
- Only put as many slices of zucchini as needed to make a layer.
- When you make each layer press it down with your hand.
If you would rather make a more classic vegan lasagna including lasagna sheets and “ricotta” filling, check out our recipe for heavenly vegan lasagna here.
To see how we made the lasagna and to follow the recipe easier, check out our video.
Vegan zucchini lasagna
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 50 g minced soy meat
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- 1 cup chickpeas
- dry basil and oregano
- Cut zucchini into very thin layers.
- Saute onion for a few minutes, then add soy meat (presoaked in hot water for a few minutes), tomato sauce and spices.
- Cook for a few more minutes.
- Put zucchini slices in a pan and cover it with sauce and then repeat making thin layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 200°C.