Very healthy and delicious home made patties with pumpkin.
Home made patties are a great alternative to store bought ones! They are really simple to make and way healthier. They only contain healthy, whole ingredients and no oil. They are also much cheaper, because you can make many patties with just a few ingredients that you most probably already have at home. These pumpkin patties are our favourites! They are nicely soft and very rich in flavour. They are perfect to make some yummy vegan burgers or to enjoy next to some other foods.
Hokkaido pumpkins are our favourite! They are on our menu all the time, because they are so delicious, healthy and can be used for all sorts of food. We use them for desserts, pies, cakes, soups, sauces, stuff them or bake in an oven. There are tons of amazing recipes for pumpkins, you can find some of our recipes here.
We are very lucky to have a lot of pumpkins at our garden and they last for a whole year. We still have a few from last autumn and also have some in our freezer, so we can use them any time we want.
Vegan pumpkin patties
- 150 g pumpkin
- 40 g soya mince
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground oats
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- a pinch ginger
- a pinch turmeric
- Soak soya mince and chia seeds in hot water for around 10 minutes.
- Shred pumpkin.
- Chop garlic, onion and parsley.
- Mix shredded pumpkin, garlic, onion, parsley, soaked soya mince and chia seeds.
- Add all of the other ingredients and spices and mix together.
- Form around 5 patties.
- Bake them in a pan on a little bit of olive oil for around 10 minutes. You can also bake them in an oven or in an air fryer.