Pumpkin lasagna is a delicious autumn dish that will impress you with an exceptional combination of pumpkin cream and vegan ricotta filling.
Hokkaido pumpkins are our favourite fall vegetable! We have lots of homegrown in our garden this year, so we are creating countless new delicious dishes with them. We often use them for desserts, as they are a bit sweet, but they are also excellent in savory dishes. This time we have for you a recipe for pumpkin lasagna, which brings warmth and light in these gloomy autumn days with a beautiful bright orange-yellow color. We made this pumpkin lasagna for the first time and we are really excited about the exceptional taste and texture. Our family was also really impressed about this dish , so we have to bake it again real soon. Creamy pumpkin layer and rich vegan ricotta filling create an insanely lasagna lasagna that impresses anyone who tries it.
Pumpkin and ricotta cream are very easy to prepare, although it may seem different at first glance, because they contain quite a few ingredients, but there are a lot of spices that provide a truly divine taste. Hokkaido pumpkin, coconut milk and ginger are a great autumn combination that goes really well with vegan “ricotta” cream.
For pumpkin cream you only need:
- hokkaido pumpkin,
- coconut milk – canned,
- spices: salt, garlic and onion powder, ginger and black pepper.
“Ricotta” cream is made with:
- soy yoghurt,
- almond drink,
- nutritional yeast,
- corn starch and
- spices: garlic and onion powder, salt and black pepper.
For all lasagna lovers, we also have recipes for delicious and healthy zucchini lasagna and classical lasagna with vegan ricota filling that you really have to try. And if you want more pumpkin recipes, follow this link.
Vegan pumpkin lasagna
- 6 lasagna pasta sheets
- 300 g cooked hokkaido pumpkin
- 100 g canned coconut milk
- 4 g salt
- 5 g garlic powder
- 2 g onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- a pinch of black pepper
- 140 g tofu
- 50 g soy yoghurt
- 90 ml sugar-free almond drink
- 10 g nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 g salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 5 g corn starch
- Mix or mash cooked hokkaido pumpkin with a fork.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put all of the ingredients for the "ricotta" cream in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish (16 cm x 20 cm) with a quarter of pumpkin cream.
- Spread a quarter of ricotta cream on top pumpkin cream.
- Cover with two lasagna sheets.
- Repeat these steps two more times.
- Finish with two lasagna sheets and coat them with a mixture of the remaining pumpkin and “ricotta” cream.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 °C.
- Wait a few minutes for it to cool down a bit, slice and serve.