As the seasons change and cooler temperatures roll in, there’s nothing quite like a comforting bowl of soup to soothe the soul and warm the body.
Among a ton of soup options, zucchini soup stands out as a delicious and nutritious choice. Its velvety texture and subtle flavours make it a true culinary masterpiece that can be enjoyed all year round. This delicious soup deserves a special place in your recipe repertoire!
Zucchini, with its mild flavour and high water content, might not seem like the most exciting vegetable at first glance. However, when transformed into a silky soup, it reveals the true potential. Zucchini soup strikes the perfect balance between lightness and richness, making it an ideal starter for a multi-course dinner or a comforting meal on its own.
Zucchini – a nutritional powerhouse
Zucchinis are low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and folate. Additionally, they offer dietary fiber, which supports digestive health and helps you feel satisfied for longer. By incorporating zucchini soup into your diet, you’re treating your body to a wealth of nutrients.
Whether enjoyed as a light lunch, a warming dinner, or a cozy appetizer, zucchini soup has the power to turn any meal into a comforting experience. So, grab those zucchinis and let their magic unfold in a bowl of velvety goodness that will keep you coming back for more.
All soup lovers have to check out our recipes for:
Creamy zucchini soup
- 500 g zucchini
- 170 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 7 dl water 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon vegeta/vegetable soup broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Peel the zucchini, potatoes and onions and cut them into pieces. Peel the garlic.
- Put all the prepared vegetables in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until all the vegetables are soft.
- When the vegetables are cooked, drain the water (you can save it to thin the soup) and put the vegetables in an electric blender. (We can also mix with a hand mixer.)
- Add all the spices and blend into a smooth and creamy soup. If the soup is very thick, add water if necessary.
- Pour the soup into two cups, decorate with seeds if desired and serve.