Extremely creamy, healthy and delicious carrot soup is the perfect lunch that will keep you warm on cold days.
Carrot soup is a real vitamin bomb, because it contains a huge amount of carrots! It is extremely creamy, despite the fact that it does not contain any cream (except for decoration), because blended carrots create a silky smooth cream on their own! The soup is also very healthy, as it contains a lot of vegetables and no oil or other fats. You need just a few ingredients and a little bit of time to prepare this extremely tasty dish.
If you have a bag of carrots in the fridge drawer that you have completely forgotten about, this simple recipe for carrot soup is a great idea how to use them! In addition to carrots, you only need 7 more ingredients, and you can already prepare a delicious and healthy lunch, that is very rich in flavor. The sweet taste of carrots, combined with onions, garlic and spices creates a real harmony of flavors that is simply impossible to resist. And not only the taste, but also the texture is perfect, silky smooth and creamy – all the qualities you could want in a soup! The soup is quite filling, so you can eat it as a main dish, which is best suited on rainy autumn days.
Ingredients and preparation
All you need to make this soup is:
- fresh carrots,
- garlic and
- spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
Preparing soup is really easy and you only need one pot! All you have to do is cook the carrots along with onion, garlic and spices in water, then blend them into a smooth cream in a blender, add the liquid in which all the vegetables were cooked and you already have a healthy and tasty lunch full of vitamins.
You can decorate the soup with vegan cooking cream and sprinkle some dried parsley on top, which goes really well with the taste of carrots and also makes the soup look wonderful.
A bowl of hot cream soup on cold autumn days is simply impossible to resist! If you, love cream soups, like we do, you should also try our recipe for thick pumpkin soup made with sweet hokkaido pumpkin and spices.
Vegan creamy carrot soup
- 400 g fresh carrots peeled
- 1 onion about 70 g
- 5 cloves of garlic about 15 g
- 7 dl cold water
- half a teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Peel carrots, onion and garlic and cut them into small pieces to cook faster.
- Put 7 dl of cold water in the pot and add sliced vegetables and spices (pepper, salt, garlic and onion powder) and bring to a boil.
- When it boils, cook on medium heat for about half an hour (or until the carrots soften).
- Save the water in which the vegetables were cooked, and blend all the vegetables into a smooth cream in a blender, add some soup base if necessary.
- Pour the cream back into the pot and add about 4 dl of the liquid in which the vegetables were cooked, or enough to get the desired thickness. Mix well and serve.
- Garnish with vegan cooking cream if desired and sprinkle with dried parsley.