Creamy mushroom soup will impress all mushroom lovers with its rich taste and creamy texture and at the same time it will warm you up in these colder months.
We are big fans of creamy soups and soups in general, because they are very tasty, filling and healthy. Every cup of soup is packed with a huge amount of vitamins that are so important for our body and immune system. In the colder months, a plate of warm, fragrant and delicious soup is especially great as it warms you up. Soups are great as an starter or even a main course, as they are pretty filling.
This recipe is for all mushroom lovers, as the soup contains lots of mushrooms, both fresh and dried, that add even more intense and full flavour. Mushrooms are also really healthy as they contain a lot of vitamins B and D, biotin, riboflavin and provide energy, so include them in your diet. And the wonderful aroma of mushrooms that fills the apartment while you’re cooking the soup and smooth and creamy texture will enchant you. This soup is very easy to prepare and only takes about 30 minutes, which is especially handy in times, when you are in a hurry but still want to eat a healthy meal. You will have a tasty and healthy lunch ready in minutes.
Although at first glance it looks like the soup contains a huge amount of ingredients, most of them are actually spices that provide a wonderful and rich taste. All you need yo make this soup is
- fresh mushrooms – we both used brown champignons, but you can also use white ones or any other mushrooms,
- nutritional yeast,
- soy cream for cooking and
- spices (bay leaf, dried mushroom powder, salt, black pepper, dried parsley, garlic and onion powder, thyme) – if you can’t get mushroom powder, you can just grind dried mushrooms into powder.
On our blog we have a lot of recipes for all soup lovers:
And if you love mushrooms, make sure to also check out
Creamy vegan mushroom soup
- 175 g fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 g potatoes peeled
- 540 ml water
- 10 g nutritional yeast
- 20 g soy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 g dried mushroom powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into small pieces.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic and put in a pot along with 40 ml of water. Bring to a boil and then cook for about 5 minutes. Add sliced potatoes and fry for about a minute.
- Add sliced mushrooms and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add 500 ml of water and all the spices and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes.
- When vegetables are cooked, blend them into a smooth, creamy soup with a stick mixer or in an electric blender.
- Pour it back into the pot, add nutritional yeast and soy sauce, mix and serve.