Quick and healthy lunch, full of vitamins!
Have you heard of Buddha bowl before? We only found out about this around two years ago, when we first saw them on instagram. But now they are getting more and more popular, and for a good reason! They are very visually pleasing, delicious, simple and really healthy. It is a great healthy lunch or dinner, as it contains many healthy whole foods. They are very filling and full of vitamins and minerals.
And what even is a Buddha bowl?
It is a meal, that contains 4 main components:
- vegetables (broccoli, potato, corn, lettuce, avocado, pepper…),
- proteins (tofu, seitan, broccoli…) and
- sauce (soy sauce, hummus, pesto…).
The exact ingredients of Buddha bowl are left for you to choose.
A must in our Buddha bowls are always:
- tofu, we usually marinate it in soy sauce and bake in air fryer,
- potato, cut into stripes and also fried in an air fryer and of course some
- hummus, as it goes great with every other ingredient and we really love it. We like to make our own, because it is really simple to make and only takes a few minutes. If you would also like to make your own, you can check out our recipe here.
Here are two of our Buddha bowls if you need some inspiration for your own Buddha bowl, but you can of course choose any ingredients you like and completely customize it to your own taste!
For this refreshing summer version we used:
- black rice,
- cooked broccoli,
- air fried potatoes,
- tofu (marinated in soy sauce and air fried),
- black lentils,
- lettuce and
For this one we used:
- white rice,
- red pepper,
- tofu and
And we sprinkled it all with some sesame seeds.