A jar of chia pudding with apples and cinnamon is the best breakfast for a perfect start to the day!
Chia pudding is always a great choice for breakfast, snack or even dessert, because it can be prepared really quickly, you can make it in many different ways and it is very healthy! Chia seeds contain a lot of omega 3 fatty acids, protein, iron and calcium. This time we made it with apple puree and cinnamon which are a perfect combination and we added walnuts and apple slices for some crunchiness and combined it with date syrup, which adds a nice touch of sweetness and improves the pudding in terms of both taste and appearance.
Chia seeds on their own do not have a distinct taste, so when preparing the pudding, you can add syrup, sugar, spices (cinnamon, cardamom,…), vanilla, proteins and apple puree to give the pudding a wonderful taste.
Ingredients and instructions
For this delicious chia jar you only need 7 ingredients:
- chia seeds,
- plant based drink,
- apple puree,
- maple syrup,
- walnuts and
- date syrup.
Put plant based drink, apple puree, cinnamon and maple syrup in a bowl and mix. Add chia seeds, mix and let it rest for at least an hour for chia seeds to soak. Prepare two glass jars. Cover the bottom with date syrup, add walnuts, add some more date syrup, then add prepared chia pudding and top it with apple slices and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
All chia seed lovers, check out the following recipes on our blog:
Chia pudding with apple and cinnamon
- 40 g (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- 200 ml (1 cup) plant based drink
- 100 g (1/3 cup) apple puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 25 g (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 50 g (1/2 cup) walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of date syrup
- Put the plant based drink, apple puree, cinnamon and maple syrup in a bowl and mix.
- Add chia seeds, mix and let it rest for at least an hour for chia seeds to soak.
- Prepare two glass jars.
- Cover the bottom with date syrup, add walnuts and cover them with date syrup.
- Addprepared chia pudding and top with chopped apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.