This creamy chocolate chia pudding is not like other chia puddings, because of one simple trick – it’s blended! And that makes it extremely smooth and creamy.
All pudding lovers will definitely be thrilled with this dessert. It is extremely healthy, easy to make and very tasty. This recipe is also great for those of you who aren’t big fans of chia seeds, as you won’t even notice them, because they are completely blended into a smooth cream. We simply love healthy and quick desserts and breakfasts, that are also extremely tasty at the same time and we really like to experiment in the kitchen and create new dishes so we don’t have the same breakfast every day. This time, instead of the classic chia pudding, we made a creamy chocolate chia pudding with double chocolate. We were left speachless by creamy texture and intense chocolate flavour. And it’s also gluten and oil free!
This is definitely our new favorite dessert or breakfast, and all our family loved it too. You can play around with ingredients and create your own favourite pudding flavour. You can add your favorite proteins, freeze-dried fruit or use vegan white chocolate or vegan milk chocolate if you are not a fan of dark chocolate.
Ingredients and preparation
All you need to make this delicious pudding are 6 simple ingredients:
- chia seeds,
- maple syrup – you can also replace it with agave or rice syrup,
- coconut milk – canned,
- almond drink – you can use your favorite plant based drink (rice, oats, coconut, …),
- cacao powder,
- dark chocolate – you can use any vegan chocolate.
Preparation of chia pudding is extremely easy and quick! Put chia seeds, maple syrup, coconut milk and almond drink in a cup and mix. Add melted chocolate and cocoa powder and mix well and let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour for the chia seeds to form a jelly like texture. Then pour the mixture into a blender and blend into a smooth cream. Pour chia pudding into jars and decorate as desired. We’ve put some banana, cacao nibs and chopped hazelnuts on the pudding for some crunchiness.
If you love chia puddings, you will love our recipes for:
Creamy chocolate chia pudding
- 40 g chia seeds
- 25 g maple syrup
- 200 g canned coconut milk
- 100 ml almond drink
- 5 g cocoa powder
- 40 g dark chocolate
- Put chia seeds, maple syrup, coconut milk and almond drink in a bowl and mix.
- Pour in melted chocolate and stir (keep the coconut milk and almond drink lukewarm so that chocolate does not harden).
- Stir in the cocoa powder and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Then pour into an electric mixer and mix into a smooth cream, pour into jars, decorate and serve.