Blueberry popsicles with chia seeds are a refreshing and healthy summer snack.
Wonderful fruity taste and vibrant colors created by blueberries and pitaya will amaze you! They are easy to prepare and you only need 5 ingredients to make them. They are also very healthy, because they contain chia seeds, blueberries, powdered pitaya, coconut drink and they are sweetened with just a little bit of agave syrup. They are the perfect Summer dessert that you can enjoy on hot and also on slightly colder days because they are very creamy and not icy, like most other popsicles. Chia seeds create a creamy texture and add a lot of vitamins to popsicles.
Popsicles contain only 5 healthy ingredients:
- chia seeds – that create a creamy texture and are high in vitamins and minerals and are also a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, potassium and iron. When we let them soak in a liquid, their volume increases greatly and they create a feeling of satiety,
- coconut drink – sugar free and not canned,
- blueberries – for beautiful colour and vitamins,
- pitaya powder – it is not an essential ingredient, but it adds a wonderful colour and provides an extra dose of vitamins and minerals, and
- agave syrup.
One popsicle has only around 80 calories, but it will still satiate you well, so you won’t get hungry between meals, and at the same time with one you can get more than 100% of your daily recommended needs for omega- 3 fatty acids.
Because chia seeds are an excellent binder, they can also be used to make all kinds of patties.
Blueberry chia seed popsicles
- 40 g chia seeds
- 220 ml coconut milk
- 25 g agave syrup
- 1 tsp powdered pitaya for a nice color
- 4 tsp blueberries frozen or fresh
- First prepare chia seeds: put coconut milk, agave syrup and pitaya powder in a cup and mix well. Add chia seeds, mix and let it rest for at least half an hour.
- Put blueberries in a pot, bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes to soften completely.
- Pour the cooked blueberries along the edge of the popsicle models and then pour the prepared chia seeds into the models.
- Put popsicles in the freezer for a few hours.
- When we want to eat them, we first leave them at room temperature for a few minutes, and then carefully remove them from the models.