Baked oats are a perfect healthy breakfast and you will feel like you are eating a dessert.
Oats are the perfect ingredient for a healthy breakfast, because they contain a huge amount of vitamins and minerals. The best part is, that they can be prepared in many different ways, from classic cooked oatmeal, cereal bars, granola to savoury dishes.
We usually make cooked oatmeal for breakfast, but when we have more time, baked oats are our first choice. Despite the fact that they are made from healthy ingredients, they taste and look like a fluffy cake. This time we made a refreshing version with raspberries. It’s the best if you eat it hot, right out of the oven when it is the lightest and the flavours are very intense. You will feel like you have a cake for breakfast, but in reality you will enjoy a breakfast rich in nutrients that will satiate you well and provide a great start to the day.
These baked oats do not contain refined sugar, flour or oil and you can also prepare a gluten-free version, by simply replacing oats with gluten-free ones.
The main ingredient are oats, which are a healthy alternative to regular flour. If you don’t eat gluten, you can replace them with gluten-free oats that will work just as well as ordinary oats. For this baked oats you will also need:
- chia seeds – which are an excellent binder and also contain a lot of omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, potassium, iron and other nutrients,
- banana – for sweetness and extra dose of vitamins and minerals,
- syrup – we used rice syrup, which is quite similar to agave, but a little less sweet,
- baking powder,
- plantbased milk – use plantbased milk of your choice and
- raspberries – you can use fresh or frozen, but if raspberries are not your favourite fruit, you can simply replace them with blueberries, cherries, some other fruits or even chocolate drops.
The preparation process is so easy and quick that anyone can prepare this amazing meal. You just have to throw all of the ingredients in a blender, blend them into a smooth mixture, mix in raspberries and pour into any baking dish you want, we used a soufflé model. In the end add some more raspberries on top and bake for about 30 minutes (depending on the size of the baking dish) at 180°C. We always prepare oatmeal flour to have it at home, so we can prepare baked oats even without blender, in this case we just mix all of the ingredients, pour them into a mold and bake them in the oven or even in an air fryer. Air fryer is ideal for when you don’t have a lot of time, because unlike the oven, it doesn’t have to be preheated, and oats are baked in 15 to 20 minutes on 200°C.
If you are tired of always the same oat recipes and you are looking for new ideas on how to use them, we have quite a few recipes for you to try:
- cinnamon slices with tahini and chocolate ,
- apple oat crumble bars,
- blueberry crumble bars,
- almond bars without flour,
- biscuits without flour,
- granola with pistachio and peanuts,
- oat pancakes.
Baked oats with raspberries
- 70 g oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 g chia seeds
- 1/2 of banana very ripe bananas are the best
- 10 g of syrup maple, agave or rice
- 160 ml plantbased milk we used almond milk
- 50 g raspberries fresh or frozen
- Put oats, baking powder, chia seeds, banana, syrup and plantbased milk in a blender and mix into a smooth mixture.
- Add raspberries and mix them gently so that they stay whole and do not stain the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into baking tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
Trying to reduce my sugar intake so this was amazing. Thanks for sharing!
So happy you liked it 🙂
Delicious! Definitely will make again. Great breakfast/brunch. Takes 35 minutes so you can get ready while it bakes!
So happy to hear that you liked it! Thank you!