If you love sweet yeast dough desserts, we have just the right recipe for you – soft vanilla rolls with chocolate!
Vanilla rolls are one of our favourite snacks as they are always very soft and fluffy and the smell of freshly baked rolls is the best it fills the whole apartment with an exceptional aroma. We like yeast dough desserts, because there are endless possibilities to shapes them and add flavours. This time we made sweet rolls with a creamy vanilla filling and chocolate drops for the perfect taste and look. Rolls are a great idea for breakfast or dessert and you can also easily freeze some and enjoy them later.
The recipe for rolls may seem quite long and complicated at first glance, but this is actually not the case at all and anyone can prepare them! All you have to do is prepare dough, vanilla cream, form rolls and the rest of the work is done by the oven. To make it even easier to follow the recipe, we have also made a short video of the whole preparation for you, which you can find below.
Tip: If you want the rolls to have a very nice and round shape, we recommend you to cut them with sewing thread by placing it under a roll, intertwine on top and pull in opposite directions, check out video to see how exactly it’s done (at time of about 3:50). When cutting with a knife, the dough is always pressed down and we can therefore get a shape which is not round as we would like. When cutting with thread, however, we avoid these problems and get nicely shaped rolls.
If you love soft rolls, we have recipes for 3 more amazing flavours:
Vegan vanilla rolls with chocolate
- 500 g half-white flour
- 7 g dry yeast
- 30 g brown unrefined sugar or coconut sugar
- 25 g coconut oil
- 260 ml almond milk
- pinch salt
- 250 ml almond milk
- 200 g canned coconut cream
- 30 g agave syrup
- 40 g vanilla pudding powder
- 10 g brown unrefined sugar
- 50 g chocolate drops
- In a bowl, mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
- Add melted coconut oil and lukewarm (but not hot) plant-based milk.
- Slowly mix the ingredients with a wooden spatula from the middle outwards, then knead well with your hands.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- Put almond milk, coconut milk and agave syrup in a pot and mix well.
- In a small cup, mix vanilla pudding powder, sugar and a few tablespoons of the liquid from the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- When it start boiling, add the pudding mixture while stirring constantly.
- Lower to medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes while stirring.
- Allow to cool slightly and stir in between to prevent lumps.
- When the dough is risen, roll it out on a floured kitchen towel.
- Coat the entire surface with vanilla cream and sprinkle with chocolate drops.
- Roll it.
- Cut it with a sewing thread (or a sharp knife) so that you get around 20 rolls.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cover the rolls with a kitchen cloth and leave to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for around 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or erythritol if desired.
- Store the rolls in a closed container to keep them soft and fluffy. But you can also freeze them.