For Valentine’s Day, surprise your loved ones or yourself with one of the following Valentine’s Day themed recipes. We have put together 8 ideas for desserts, breakfasts, lunch and dinner.
- strawberry or apple roses,
- valentine smoothie,
- ice cream hearts,
- heart shaped pizza,
- chocolate coconut hearts,
- no-bake raspberry cakes,
- chocolate hearts and
- linzer cookies.
1. Strawberry or apple roses
There is no need to buy roses, you can simply make them with some fruits and dough. And these are even better than real ones, because you can eat them! Nobody can resist such a delicious gift.
- 200 g flour
- 20 g coconut sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 ml cold water
- 15 g coconut oil
- 2 to 3 apples you can also use strawberries instead of apples
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Mix the dry ingredients, add melted coconut oil and water and knead well.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Cut apples or strawberries into very thin slices.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Roll each piece into a long rectangle.
- Arrange apples or strawberries in a row on the dough.
- Coat the apples or strawberries with a little maple syrup and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Fold the crust into a rose and place in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 ° C.
2. Valentine’s smoothie
You can cheer up your better half in the morning or brighten up your own morning with this cute pink smoothie. It is very easy to make, tastes amazing and is also very healthy. The heart in the middle of the smoothie is made by cutting paper into the shape of a heart, placing it in the middle, sprinkling quinoa or granola, coconut … araound and then carefully removing the paper. Really simple and cute!
3. Ice cream hearts
All you need to make cute ice cream hearts is ice cream and wafers sheet. Cut the wafers into heart shapes with a sharp knife, take the ice cream out of the bowl, cut it into circles with a sharp knife and place it between two hearts. If desired, drizzle with chocolate. It’s best to use raspberry or strawberry ice cream to get the perfect colour.
4. Heart shaped pizza
Good vegan pizza is always a great idea, especially one that is made with love and shaped into a heart. You have to shape the dough into a heart and add any toppings you want.
5. Chocolate coconut hearts
A delicious heart-shaped coconut cake is a cute idea for a Valentine’s treat. Coconut and chocolate combo lovers will surely be thrilled with it. You can use this recipe and cut the cake into a heart shape.
6. Raspberry cakes without baking
This dessert is extremely easy to prepare, as it is made without baking: the dough is raw, so you only need to blend all of the ingredients and cook the raspberry filling.
No-bake Valentine's hearts
- 110 g dates
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- 40 g poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 320 ml almond drink
- 35 g raspberry pudding powder or corn starch
- 20 ml almond drink
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Put presoaked dates in a blender and blend, then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Seperate into two parts and put each one in a heart-shaped baking dish to form the crust.
- Put the plant based drink in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When it boils, stir in the pudding powder mixed with the sugar and some plantbased drink.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Pour the cream over the dough, add the fresh raspberries and leave for a while in the fridge to harden.
7. Chocolate hearts
These chocolate hearts are a very simple, delicious and cute idea for Valentine’s Day. You need heart shaped mold, any chocolate and filling (jam, chocolate spread …). Coat the molds with melted chocolate, wait for the chocolate to harden, then add the filling and pour chocolate over it. We used vegan strawberry chocolate and chocolate spread.
8. Linz biscuits with hearts
Delicious and simple linzer cookies with a heart are a cute idea for Valentine’s Day. Play in the kitchen and create divinely good and cute Linzer cookies. You can find the recipe for them here.