Fall is a season of abundance and it’s the perfect time to celebrate all its flavours. Pumpkin slices with chocolate cream capture the essence of fall in every bite.
There’s something undeniably magical about the aroma of freshly baked pumpkin treats that fills the air as the days get shorter and the nights get cooler. The smooth and creamy chocolate pudding cream pairs perfectly with pumpkin crust with gingerbread spices. It’s like having a little slice of fall in every bite. The rich autumnal flavors complement one another beautifully, creating a dessert that’s cozy, comforting and utterly satisfying.
The dessert is very easy to prepare and doesn’t take much time. And it is made from only 9 simple ingredients! The slices do not contain flour and oil and you can also make them in a gluten-free version, just replace the oats with gluten-free ones.
For this delicious autumn dessert you need the following ingredients:
- instant oats,
- almond butter,
- agave syrup – can also be maple or rice syrup,
- gingerbread spices,
- hokkaido pumpkin – cooked,
- vanilla pudding,
- coconut milk – from a can,
- coconut sugar – can also use white or brown sugar and
- cocoa powder.
If, like us, you love pumpkin dishes, take a look at the following recipes:
Fall pumpkin slices
- 100 g (1 cup) instant oats
- 24 g (2 tbsp) almond butter
- 40 g (2 tbsp) agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices
- 250 g (1 cup) cooked Hokkaido pumpkin
- 40 g (4 tbsp) vanilla pudding + 50 ml (1/4 cup) coconut milk (from a can)
- 15 g (3 tbsp) coconut sugar
- 24 g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 250 g (1 cup) coconut milk (from a can)
- Put oats and spices in a bowl and mix.
- Add almond butter, agave syrup and pumpkin, mix and pour into a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Press the dough well to form the base of the dessert. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a small cup, mix the vanilla pudding with 50 ml (1/4 cup) of coconut milk.
- Put 250 g (1 cup) of coconut milk in a pot, add coconut sugar and cocoa powder, mix and bring to a boil. When it boils, pour in the previously prepared pudding mixture while stirring continuously.
- Cook on moderate heat for another 3 minutes, stirring several times.
- Pour over the crust and leave to cool down.
- Decorate if desired and cut into 9 slices.